Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-21-2013, 08:30 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Galaxy on Fire™ - Alliances - (by FISHLABS)

Quote:
Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Canada, Australia, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Iceland, Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands. Size of the app is 288 MB.

Price in NZ (and other 13 countries) is Free which should translate to Free

Requirements :
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Description
The first multiplayer game set in the iconic Galaxy on Fire universe! Forge strong alliances with confederates from all over the world & collaborate or compete with thousands of other players in real-time! ]

# # # THE MOBILE STRATEGY MMO # # #
Galaxy on Fire - Alliances puts you in the role of an up-and-coming Commander of the Terrans, Nivelians or Vossk. Determined to claim and conquer a hitherto uncharted part of the galaxy known as the Shroud Nebula, you will set out to seek fame and fortune beyond the final frontier. Starting your operations from within your private home system, you will soon breach into a vivid galaxy with over 400,000 individual planets and challenge thousands of players in an epic quest for space dominion.

# # # BAND TOGETHER AND RISE AS ONE # # #
To stand your ground in the hostile yet promising new environment, you will have to forge a strong alliance and assist one another in colonization, expansion and warfare. Trade resources, exchange intelligence reports and conceive conjoined attack strategies and defense plans. Show your enemies the power of allegiance and prevail in epic space battles with dozens of participants!

# # # A UNIQUE GAMING EXPERIENCE # # #
• The first Multiplayer Game set in the GOF universe
• Easy-to-access Alliance and PvP gameplay
• Specifically designed for Mobile Use on Touch Devices
• High-end 3D Graphics and spectacular visual effects
• A whole Universe in Pocket Size

# # # TRUST THE MEDIA # # #
With high-end 3D graphics and captivating co-op gameplay, Galaxy on Fire - Alliances sets new standards for sci-fi strategy MMOs on smartphones and tablets. And the press loves it, claiming that it marks “a potentially rich source of war stories” (Modojo) that “will very clearly be raising the bar for these types of games” (iMore).

# # # LINKS AND RESSOURCES # # #
Here’s a number of essential sources and places-to-go for avid GOFA players. Check them out and get in touch with the Fishlabs staff as well as thousands of other Commanders!

GOFA-Website: http://www.gofalliances.com/
Fishlabs-Website: http://www.fishlabs.net/
Fishlabs-Forums: http://forums.fishlabs.net/en/
Fishlabs-Support: https://support.fishlabs.net/
GOF-Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/galaxyonfire/
GOFA-Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/gofalliances/
Fishlabs-Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/fishlabs
Privacy Policy: http://www.fishlabs.net/en/privacy/

# # # SETTINGS & REQUIREMENTS # # #
Galaxy on Fire - Alliances works on iPhone 4S (or higher), iPad 2 (or higher), iPad mini and iPod touch 5G. To run properly, it requires an active network connection as well as iOS6 (or higher). While the game itself is completely free-to-play, you can also make use of various in-app purchases. If you do not want to leverage these extra offers, please deactivate in-app purchases in your device’s setting.
Screenshots

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressr...candinavia.php

Note: This game is soft launching (open beta) in 14 countries: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Iceland, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.

Last edited by biokid; 11-24-2013 at 07:22 PM..
Old 11-21-2013, 08:43 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Took a bit of reading, but yes this is full on freemium. Best of luck to them, there's a big freemium market out there but I just try to avoid these kinds of games as much as possible.

From the article:

"With the aid of the open beta, Fishlabs now hopes to gain additional information about crucial points such as live server operation or player spending behaviour."

Well, at least they are honest about tweaking this towards spending behavior.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:54 AM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

Disappointed in the Freemium model, but will be interested to see what people in the soft launch countries think of it.

Also might want to put soft launch in the thread title so people don't get too excited.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:56 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Disappointed in the Freemium model, but will be interested to see what people in the soft launch countries think of it.

Also might want to put soft launch in the thread title so people don't get too excited.
Do you know how to edit the thread title? since I am pretty sure you cannot do that, except you are a moderator (maybe).
Old 11-21-2013, 09:01 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by biokid View Post
Do you know how to edit the thread title? since I am pretty sure you cannot do that, except you are a moderator (maybe).
You can "report" your own post and post in the notes that you are requesting to add "soft-launch" on the title.

Not sure of a good way to instantly contact the mods, so i think reporting the post is one way.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:04 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
You can "report" your own post and post in the notes that you are requesting to add "soft-launch" on the title.

Not sure of a good way to instantly contact the mods, so i think reporting the post is one way.
EP, Could you please report the post for me? Thank you
Old 11-21-2013, 09:04 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post

Yeah, that's the only way I know of without pm'ing a specific mod that participates on the forums regularly. Also it helps if multiple people report something to be changed. I went ahead and reported it as well. I said, not knowing if it should be hyphenated or not that "[Softlaunch]" should be added to the title and explained that it's softlaunching in many countries.

EDIT:

Biokid, you can report your own post too. I've had to do that to myself before when I messed up a thread title.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:06 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Considering its been well publicised and very clear from the first bit of news about this game that it would be Free2Play, I'm not sure where the surprise at that fact is coming from.
And beyond that, even those without access to the closed beta (which has demonstrated massively impressive retention numbers), it should be clear from the type of game it is and the model it's based around, that this might actually be one that is suited to the proper Free2Play model (assuming it is done in a balanced and acceptable way by the time it launches, which I'm pretty sure it will considering the huge amount of testing going on).

I wish them the best of luck with it anyway as I see it as a solid addition to iOS with a huge amount of potential that will have many years in it if it goes the way they want it too.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:11 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

"soft launches" make me want to punch kittens.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:23 AM

Going freemium with a very niche genre o played mostly by very hard core gamers. Yeah, good luck with that.