★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Lot's of FPS games are coming! we need a control pad

08-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Lot's of FPS games are coming! we need a control pad

FPS iPhone game needs a control pad!

Playing: Dexter, Modern Combat, Madden NFL, Resident Evill 4, Dungeon Hunter, HYBRID, Real Racing, Castlewar, Amateur Surgeon, Robocalypse
Waiting For: Sweet Barbie Adventure, Hello Kitty Dreamland, Hannah Montana Quest, Amy Gets A Tan 2, Teletubbies Story
08-05-2009, 12:21 AM
There's the Icontolpad if it ever comes out ;-)

http://www.icontrolpad.com/

08-05-2009, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddyracer123 View Post
There's the Icontolpad if it ever comes out ;-)

http://www.icontrolpad.com/
I dig that! The backround of the website has a black case on it

Also, if you're a developer going to make a fps game, please message me about the controls =D

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.
08-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsFall View Post
I dig that! The backround of the website has a black case on it

Also, if you're a developer going to make a fps game, please message me about the controls =D
Lol I'm just a random 14 year old kid posting. I'm no Dev
08-05-2009, 01:07 AM
lol alright, but for any devs out there, just message me ... I really want a fps game on a iphone/ipod touch badly, so i decided to help out a bit xD

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.
08-05-2009, 02:45 AM
What makes you think a control pad would work any better? PSP and DS have physical controls yet don't have a decent to control FPS.

Even the 360/PS3 control pads with dual sticks suck for FPS games. They don't even come close to the precision and accuracy of a mouse/keyboard.

Games I'm Playing: Jetpack Joyride, Infinity Blade 2, Batman, COD
Waiting For: Thunderbeam, Lostwinds, GTA3, Sonic CD
08-05-2009, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizy View Post
What makes you think a control pad would work any better? PSP and DS have physical controls yet don't have a decent to control FPS.
Really? Check out Medal Of Honor Heroes for the PSP, it's a decent FPS with the face buttons to look around and analog to move

Quote:
Even the 360/PS3 control pads with dual sticks suck for FPS games. They don't even come close to the precision and accuracy of a mouse/keyboard.
Exactly, mouses are way more accurate than joysticks. Though it's not too bad aiming with dual sticks. Although I have a friend who's convinced Dual sticks are much more accurate than a mouse, go figure.

To the OP: Besides LiveFire/KillTest, Gameloft's new FPS, Doom 3 and Wolfenstien RPG (If it's still coming), what other FPS games are coming?

10chars
08-05-2009, 03:03 AM
Quote:

Yes, I agree.
I don't really want a controller for my iPhone because:
A: It's a phone.
B: It has buttons/analog sticks which seem old, clunky and don't always work as well as a touch screen.
C: If I am at home, I don't sit in a chair playing on my iPhone, I play on my PS3. So it feels pointless hauling around an accessory to a phone which is designed to be conviniently thin and small.

Hakuna Matata
08-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
Yes, I agree.
I don't really want a controller for my iPhone because:
A: It's a phone.
B: It has buttons/analog sticks which seem old, clunky and don't always work as well as a touch screen.
C: If I am at home, I don't sit in a chair playing on my iPhone, I play on my PS3. So it feels pointless hauling around an accessory to a phone which is designed to be conviniently thin and small.
Guess everyone is intitled to his opinions ;-). But think for a second. There's plenty of crappy controllment system of the touch screen for fps and 3rs person shooters. They would be more enjoyable with the pad because your fingers aren't covering the tiny screen plus your vulnerable screen gets less dirty :-D
08-05-2009, 09:32 AM
I find shooters like BIA and terminator fine at the moment. And like LBG said your not carrying around a control pad in your pocket with your iphone/itouch.

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06