Really surprised this game doesn't get TA love
Its a really great experience
Old 11-22-2013, 03:41 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
Really surprised this game doesn't get TA love
Its a really great experience
It reminds me a little of incredpede, and though I really enjoyed both they are both difficult for me and I get frustrated, however my 8 year old is awesome at both and has almost finished incredpede and is working her way through this one, my kid is so lucky she doesn't get her brains from me lol.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:58 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I can't get it to run.
It starts at the initial screen with "Harry" in the center, I then get a thin white border around the whole initial screen and that's it.
I'm using a 4th gen iPad with 64Gb. I thought it might have something to do with the amount of free space I had left on it but I've cleared up to a gig and it still won't go any further. I've also deleted and reinstalled it several times and still nothing.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
It reminds me a little of incredpede, and though I really enjoyed both they are both difficult for me and I get frustrated, however my 8 year old is awesome at both and has almost finished incredpede and is working her way through this one, my kid is so lucky she doesn't get her brains from me lol.
Incredipede is on my short list for game of the year.
Yes, it can be frustrating...but few games have given me as much of a sense of accomplishment and sense of joy as Incredipede when his(its?) eye finally hits the light.

@cloudpuff: have your daughter check out fantastic contraption 1 & 2 (and of course Bad Piggies offers similar mechanics).

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 11-22-2013 at 05:01 AM..
Old 11-22-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer1st View Post
I can't get it to run.
It starts at the initial screen with "Harry" in the center, I then get a thin white border around the whole initial screen and that's it.
I'm using a 4th gen iPad with 64Gb. I thought it might have something to do with the amount of free space I had left on it but I've cleared up to a gig and it still won't go any further. I've also deleted and reinstalled it several times and still nothing.
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. It's particularly puzzling seeing as I have a 4th gen iPad myself and it's what I've done the vast majority of testing and development work on. I'll send you a PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:54 PM

The iPhone version is going to be released very soon! What would people like me to work on next? More levels, game center integration or a database of solutions so people can see how others have solved each level?
Old 11-22-2013, 04:07 PM

Thought I would share some reviews with you all!

JayIsGames (Preview)
"Couple the creative gameplay solutions with some of the most adorable art this side of a turtle eating a strawberry and you've got a mobile game you won't be able to take your hands off of."

AppsZoom (Preview)
"Harry Likes Plums is a physics-based puzzler (akin to Bad Piggies and Fantastic Contraption) in which you must rack your brains to build vehicles, ramps, bridges, or whatever needed to get plums at Harry’s reach. Don’t be fooled by the childish graphics, the game promises challenging puzzles and loads of fun."

148Apps (4/5)
"Charmingly tricky ... Sometimes the most outlandish idea is the most effective. Imagination is key to success here, as well as some head-scratching time. A few times I found myself away from the game still thinking how to solve a level. Always a sign of a rewarding game."

Apps Zoom (9/10)
Awesome ... We were amazed at the high quality of the design: graphics were perfect, smooth, colorful and engaging, with an endearing main character and a well-thought gameplay which gets more challenging as you keep on playing.

JayIsGames (Review)
"It's quite a challenge to work out some of these puzzles using the few parts at your disposal. Be clever and be choosy and you'll quickly become best of friends with Harry. Just don't expect him to share any of his plums with you."
Old 11-22-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimL View Post
The iPhone version is going to be released very soon! What would people like me to work on next? More levels, game center integration or a database of solutions so people can see how others have solved each level?
Work on next?
Gamecenter, and how others completed levels (how Incredipede does this is perfect).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimL View Post
Thought I would share some reviews with you all!

JayIsGames (Preview)
"Couple the creative gameplay solutions with some of the most adorable art this side of a turtle eating a strawberry and you've got a mobile game you won't be able to take your hands off of."

AppsZoom (Preview)
"Harry Likes Plums is a physics-based puzzler (akin to Bad Piggies and Fantastic Contraption) in which you must rack your brains to build vehicles, ramps, bridges, or whatever needed to get plums at Harry’s reach. Don’t be fooled by the childish graphics, the game promises challenging puzzles and loads of fun."

148Apps (4/5)
"Charmingly tricky ... Sometimes the most outlandish idea is the most effective. Imagination is key to success here, as well as some head-scratching time. A few times I found myself away from the game still thinking how to solve a level. Always a sign of a rewarding game."

Apps Zoom (9/10)
Awesome ... We were amazed at the high quality of the design: graphics were perfect, smooth, colorful and engaging, with an endearing main character and a well-thought gameplay which gets more challenging as you keep on playing.

JayIsGames (Review)
"It's quite a challenge to work out some of these puzzles using the few parts at your disposal. Be clever and be choosy and you'll quickly become best of friends with Harry. Just don't expect him to share any of his plums with you."
Your'e preaching to the quire. I recommend this game and sing its praises to anyone who'll listen.

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 11-23-2013 at 08:41 AM..
Old 11-25-2013, 01:28 AM

Has anyone beaten any of my best scores yet? Turns out you can do level 2 for 1.50.