★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Awake. Head throbbing. Vision blurry. Come light the fire and escape into a world you'll never forget.

One of Apple's Top 10 Paid Apps of 2014

#1 Game *overall* in the US, UK, Australia, Singapore and Canada. Ranked as one of the top 10 games in 17 countries worldwide.

Be sure to check out A Dark Room's prequel: The Ensign

Critical Acclaim:

"The game creates an enthralling parallax effect that can keep devoted players dosed, for hours, on the pleasurable sense of immersion..." - The New Yorker

"A Dark Room will blow you away with its evolving depth and variety. Its exciting to discover something so unique and refreshing on the App Store. 5 stars" - Cult of Mac

"These are the twists you'll find in the corners of "A Dark Room" -- a game that's always unpredictable and always intriguing." - Huffington Post

"If Cormac McCarthy made an iPhone game, it would be this one... an unlikely but thoroughly deserving bestseller. And its as compelling as it is unsettling." - Slate Magazine

Paste Magazine, Maddy Myers: Top 20 Indie Games of 2013

Forbes, Daniel Nye Griffiths: Top 5 Anti-Games of 2013

Giant Bomb, Zoe Quinn: Top 10 Games of 2013

Giant Bomb, Cara Eillison: Top 10 Games of 2013 (honorable mention)

Indie Games: Top 10 Game Devs Favorites of 2013
11-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Anyone played this yet? Wondering what it's like and if it's worth it.
Nvm guess ill TOFTT and get back to you......... I like my choose you own adventures so I'll probably like this anyway.

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 11-22-2013 at 05:52 PM.

11-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Look forward to hearing your thought, my 8 year old likes these type things, do you think it's content will be suitable? Thanks.
11-22-2013, 06:08 PM
A dark room is a place in a gay club that is just that. I'm sure you can figure out why its dark. If this game is referencing that then cloud puffs 8 year old is in for a surprise
11-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotty128 View Post
A dark room is a place in a gay club that is just that. I'm sure you can figure out why its dark. If this game is referencing that then cloud puffs 8 year old is in for a surprise
Lol I don't need to know what clubs you go to but I'm pretty sure that's not what this is about.
I'll not find out until tomorrow now though as I keep getting can't connect to iTunes message.
11-22-2013, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Lol I don't need to know what clubs you go to but I'm pretty sure that's not what this is about.
I'll not find out until tomorrow now though as I keep getting can't connect to iTunes message.
Funny, I thought the same thing... "Huh, I didn't know that, but thanks for the information..." It's nice having a variety of people on TA.

Learn something new every day, eh?

BTW, the game is quite intriguing...

DBC

I give up.
11-23-2013, 09:14 AM
Quote:
You learn something new every day, never knew this. Question is, how do you know lol joke.
11-23-2013, 10:59 AM
11-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Max_ View Post
Any impression?
I haven't started it yet, but I spoke to the dev and he said your first play through should take 3 hours'ish and it's got a couple of endings and also a time trial mode and the fastest someone's done it in was around 96mins.
Other than that I don't really know much about it other than it's a text adventure style game.
Waiting for kids to go to bed later on.
11-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
What? What gay clubs are you going to?