★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Boxarrific! (Free)

08-05-2009, 02:35 AM
Boxarrific! (Free)

Hi!

Boxarrific! for the iphone/ipod touch was just released recently and is free in the app store (I'm the developer). It is based on Boxarrific! for the internet, though it is more of a sequel, involving more levels because tapping is easier than clicking.

Anyway, please download it and tell me what you think, I'm open to any thoughts on how to improve the game. Below is a description of the game:
Boxes, Boxes and more Boxes!

A reaction-type game in which you must click all the green boxes before the timer runs out, otherwise you lose a life. There are 54 levels total, each increasing in difficulty. And on each level you must go through 5 sets of highlighted boxes.

You get points based off of how quickly you click the boxes and retrying a level deducts 150 pts from your score. You can submit your score if it is a high score, though it will clear your game.

Features:
* Saved games
* Local High scores
* Multi-touch
* Pausing
* Retrying levels with 5 more lives
08-05-2009, 02:39 AM
Hello, and welcome to TA!

Looks like it could get addicting. I'm going to try it out.

08-05-2009, 02:48 AM
Looks OK. Trying it out coz its free
Appshopper Link here..

08-05-2009, 03:31 AM

Geeze I lost a few thousand points from restarts, got to level 54, and stopped before I lost all my points I had

So completed 53 of 54 levels and beat the "amazing" score. Level like 46 or something was one of the toughest levels.

I think I could improve on that score though.
08-05-2009, 03:56 AM
It's a fun game, nice concept. I understand it's free and all but I have a personal thing against ads. Just a personal thing, call me crazy.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
08-05-2009, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post
It's a fun game, nice concept. I understand it's free and all but I have a personal thing against ads. Just a personal thing, call me crazy.
Hm....they aren't even really obtrusive though ....and how else is he suppose to make money off his work?

They don't bother me. Worth getting the game for free imo
08-05-2009, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
Hm....they aren't even really obtrusive though ....and how else is he suppose to make money off his work?

They don't bother me. Worth getting the game for free imo
There was a reason why I said it was my issue jeeze... FWIW I think it's good enough to charge for. I also never said it wasn't worth getting...

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
08-05-2009, 05:09 AM
My review

The mission is to click the green boxes and make them go away. The boxes however have minds of there own and make life difficult for you. The stay still just to tease you then the start to move. That's when the fun begins. Your points increase with each correct tap. The faster you tap the green boxes the more points. You get 5 misses which are known by a red flash of the screen. If you use up all 5 of your lives then you have the option to loose some points and continue with your game. I really like how you can give up some points to continue with the game, that's a novel approach that other simple high score type apps could benefit from. There's a good level of polish and style with this game. Level 27 is killin me... It's addictive and fun, I only have one wish...

08-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks!

Thanks you guys for the reviews!
08-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Awesome game! I forgot you could lose points to restart levels. Gonna try that right now.