★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Space Chicks (Universal) $0.99 -> FREE

11-23-2013, 07:14 PM
Space Chicks (Universal) $0.99 -> FREE

lol
11-23-2013, 07:29 PM
what on gods green earth is this free like 3 days after release??

11-23-2013, 07:31 PM
I don't know.
It's a great game though.
11-23-2013, 07:37 PM
Too early.
11-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Seriously, this is just getting sad.
11-23-2013, 08:02 PM
...Just right after a solid 4.5 review from TA too. O_o

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-23-2013, 08:11 PM
It seems like I will have less and less instabuys and day one purchases every week with this trend of price reduction running strong. I wanted to applaud developers like Inkle and Simogo who make a standpoint of never reducing the price of their game.......this makes my purchase way easier.
11-23-2013, 08:33 PM
You guys realize this was a dollar, right? Like one dollar? You gave the devs a dollar for a great game and now you're mad that you wouldn't have had to pay that dollar if you'd just waited three days.

A dollar.
11-23-2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
You guys realize this was a dollar, right? Like one dollar? You gave the devs a dollar for a great game and now you're mad that you wouldn't have had to pay that dollar if you'd just waited three days.

A dollar.
I don't mind that dollar, but I just don't want the IAP to become intrusive, since it is now free. I will end need to pay even more to keep the game going a decent rate. Did you even purchase this game? In addition, I don't want to start buying games that will go on sale after a few days, because this will "encourage" more developers to take to do the same thing. I understand that this is an action taken against piracy, but pretty much every paid games on the appstore got pirated at a ridiculous rate, so I don't think this is a good justification by the developer.

It is nothing about the money, I just don't want the developer to adopt a current bad habit of quick sales. They should just set a reasonable price that will generate enough sales (= profit maximisation) on the appstore.

For all premium games developer, there is nothing much you could do to combat piracy (that I know of). They need to rely heavily on Apple to release a new firmware that protect the device from being jailbroken.......again, more developer will be more incline to take the freemium path.

Last edited by biokid; 11-23-2013 at 08:50 PM.
11-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post

A dollar.
I'm not mad about spending that dollar at all, this is a great game and that's why I spent the money in the first place.
It's just silly to me for a good game to go free after what, 3 days?
For one it kinda of cheapens the product and it also seems kinda like a slap in the face to the people who did buy it.

I like this game and will keep playing it, dollar well spent in my opinion, but doing things like this really encourages ppl to hold of on buying and just wait for a sale, cause 90% of the time it happens and rather quickly lately.