App description: 4/5 Stars on 148Apps!

MULE is a ridiculously fun and addictive strategy game that combines real-time and turn-based styles as you battle for land and resources on a newly colonized planet. The game is easy to grasp but provides great depth of game-play.

INTELLIGENT GAMEPLAY
A smart game for smart players. MULE is an easy game to learn but provides a myriad of possibilities of strategy. Should you focus on one resource? Should you be a jack-of-all trades?

FAITHFUL TO ORIGINAL
The core of the game is faithful to the original MULE game. Characters, maps, and behaviors have been kept intact.

MULE THEME REMIXES
Three MULE remixes included to keep your foot tapping!

ACHIEVEMENTS AND LEADERBOARDS
Rack up your score and earn those achievements to demonstrate your prowess to all. Can you catch the Wampus 10 times?

NO IN-APP PURCHASES
Nothing else to buy. No gems. No crystals. No ads. Pure gaming!
11-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Wow, didn't expect this one today! Oh the memories...

Currently playing: Terraria, Warhammer Quest, Junk Jack X, Starbase Orion, XCom
GameCenter ID: DHGamer

11-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Cool ... will buy it direct after showing up in the German store.

Schenker P505 Notebook | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6+

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
11-24-2013, 02:00 PM
This is truly an ultimate memory trip!

I remembered playing this on the C64. It is odd that, despite a multiplayer feature even in the original version, I played only the single-player game. For its time, the "simulation" aspect was surprisingly deep (remember that SimCity came out some 6 years later).

I also remembered finding the game to be quite difficult (for its time). Lots of random events that will ruin whatever plan you tried to cook up to level up your mules.
11-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Monday is the new Thursday. Bring it on.
11-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
This is truly an ultimate memory trip!

I remembered playing this on the C64. It is odd that, despite a multiplayer feature even in the original version, I played only the single-player game. For its time, the "simulation" aspect was surprisingly deep (remember that SimCity came out some 6 years later).

I also remembered finding the game to be quite difficult (for its time). Lots of random events that will ruin whatever plan you tried to cook up to level up your mules.
God no. Used to get friends round for an all nighter on the C64. This is the granddaddy of them all. So excited to finally get my hands on it. It was difficult as the random events could bugger up everything in a heartbeat. Also the trading stock section was difficult. We used to all look at each other as the trading started. Almost Poker Face stuff. Instabuy. Actually bought it already but we are going out in the car so will have to wait to play it. Can hear the intro music in my head.
11-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Oh god I loved this on the C64 and Atari 800XL.

Please tell me it has the same music!!

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15
11-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Don't forget the runaway mule... Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCKid View Post
God no. Used to get friends round for an all nighter on the C64. This is the granddaddy of them all. So excited to finally get my hands on it. It was difficult as the random events could bugger up everything in a heartbeat. Also the trading stock section was difficult. We used to all look at each other as the trading started. Almost Poker Face stuff. Instabuy. Actually bought it already but we are going out in the car so will have to wait to play it. Can hear the intro music in my head.
11-24-2013, 08:16 PM
It isn't showing up on my App Store, is this a soft launch? Odd that a title with such potential for hype would release outside of the 'Wednesday night' showcase.

I'm sure you guys know the spotty history of this as a game that people have tried to remake many times, a lot of drama surrounding the original Dev (who went from Dan to Danielle, and has since passed on) and companies wanting to squeeze this game for a penny vs. a community wishing to preserve history.

The game needs to be IDENTICAL to the original, I mean obviously a graphics overhaul is fine as long as they include perfectly faithful retro fallback. It goes without saying that if the opening music is so much as one wavelength away from the original that I will personally lead the mob carrying torches and pitchforks.