★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Endless Platform Jumper (Tilt & Tap) 'Kirby Jump' $.99 ==> Free

11-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Endless Platform Jumper (Tilt & Tap) 'Kirby Jump' $.99 ==> Free

It's pretty new (12 days) and free for the first time. Fun and challenging to play on small iOS devices (not so ideal for iPads) because you have to tilt and to tap (aim) exactly.

I don't understand 100% why the short main thread has been closed. Obviously because the main character is a rip-off? To protect Nintendo? (tA cares about Nintendo? tA is Nintendo's advocate?)

Anyway… As said before: Nice to play if you don't mind a tilt & tap combo and maybe the software will be pulled soon.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
11-24-2013, 11:56 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Ha

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/doodle-kirby/id733722378?mt=8
11-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
I don't understand 100% why the short main thread has been closed. Obviously because the main character is a rip-off? To protect Nintendo? (tA cares about Nintendo? tA is Nintendo's advocate?)
I dont think it's about TA on nintendo at all. More like TA doing its part (albeit small) about not encouraging these sort of actions. Copying somebody's IP like this is pretty low, and we know it's just a scheme to get attention for whatever purpose.

As for Tilt and Tap games, there's a ton of those on the appstore that are pretty good. Doodle Jump, Mega Jump, Sonic Jump, Ooga Jump... And then there's the indie clones as well. There isnt a shortage of the genre.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 11-24-2013 at 12:09 PM.
11-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I dont think it's about TA on nintendo at all. More like TA doing its part (albeit small) about not encouraging these sort of actions. Copying somebody's IP like this is pretty low, and we know it's just a scheme to get attention for whatever purpose.
TA had no problem with the blatant Patapon clone.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
—Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins—
11-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
TA had no problem with the blatant Patapon clone.
Baby steps.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword