★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Devs. don't encourage lurkers!

08-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Devs. don't encourage lurkers!

To all the Devs. out here...

Who are so used to leave the promo codes in the threads they create should avoid it.
I'd recommend you to ask the TA users to PM you or create a contest.
Also, all of us do not have access to iTunes or Wi-Fi everywhere

If you people want your game to be tested & reviewed correctly, lurkers are NOT going to help.

If you send PMs or create threads asking for email addresses & add them to the list of your promo code distribution, will help.

Mods. If you find this appropriate, please encourage devs. to follow it with the Admin mode tht you hav access to
08-05-2009, 07:19 AM
That's the truth!!!
Glad to see I'm not the only one who hates this!
Contests all the way! Give everyone a chance, not just those waiting for the threads to pop up night and day.

08-05-2009, 07:32 AM
For everyone outside the US - we don't care Apart from the incessant noise.
08-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Yea, i think it's better to make a contest for promo codes, First, it's fun... or to make it easy, First # who requested for promo codes gets it... I just can't beat the lurkers. They were born so fast...
08-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenzhen View Post
Yea, i think it's better to make a contest for promo codes, First, it's fun... or to make it easy, First # who requested for promo codes gets it... I just can't beat the lurkers. They were born so fast...
born so fast.... rotflmao

I'd not suggest giving them away on 1st come 1st served basis
08-05-2009, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markx2 View Post

Trust me a lot of us here could care less what Dev's want to do with their promos....

Gamecenter:1337brian
08-05-2009, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markx2 View Post
You can make a US iTunes account too,

When making an account, just 'change country' to US

Then you can use US iTunes codes (including promo codes)

It's not hard.
08-05-2009, 08:06 AM
There have been multiple discussions about this already. This ultimatly comes down to the devs because they can distribute the codes how they want.
08-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico75 View Post
There have been multiple discussions about this already. This ultimatly comes down to the devs because they can distribute the codes how they want.
iAgree, PromoCodes are given away to promote their apps.

In this app store economy, when we get to download Toki Tori, HoS & God knows what not for 99 cents @ a given point, its very difficult for Indies to survive, however they must not loose hope & throw away promocodes as garbage.

By doing so, they have no clue who took it & if is going to keep tht app / game for more than 5 mins on their iDevice.

I also understand that the promo codes expire & they can get others in exchange from Apple.
08-05-2009, 08:27 AM
This has been discussed ad nauseum...
Devs can give them out how they wish, when they wish, to whom they wish....

If Devs want to post 50 codes for whoever grabs it, so be it.
If Devs want to have a contest, so be it.
If Devs want to just PM people without even offering it via a thread, so bet it.
If Devs don't want to give promo codes, so be it.

Who tells devs how to give away their codes?
Do you go to Wal Mart and tell them their prices are too low, or they should sell x as a 6 pack.....no, you leave Wal Mart do their business and every other business, you don't tell them how to run it, so no reason to tell devs how they should give out their codes.

/end rant.