Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-25-2013, 04:44 PM

Default Muffy Boy - (by Mustafa sayman)[Universal]

Hi
Mufft boy is released today .
If you like retro game,Jetset willy or Tehchnician Ted Try ,this game is for you.

Note:Visit Promo and Contest section for Promo Code.

Enjoy

Makara Games 2013

----------------------------------------
Game also avaible for Android Device
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=209964

Last edited by Makara; 11-25-2013 at 04:51 PM..
Old 11-26-2013, 07:57 AM

Anyone checked this out yet?
I'm going to TOFTT unless someone gives negative imps before I get off work later.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:11 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I bought it, was waiting for a promo code but nothing yet, it was only 69p so i thought i would go for it

I have the devs two other platform games which are decent.

Its like an updated game of Jet Set Willy, love the retro style graphics. The main character could move a bit faster. Jumping is quite generous as in one of the devs earlier games you didnt jump far so it was very tight jumping over enemies.

You can also turn when you're in mid-air which is good, and also you dont seem to die if you fall from a distance.

My main issue is continuing. If you have say 4 of the 80 objects you need you'll have to keep the app active in the background to continue i think. If you exit the game to try another day theres no 'continue' which is huge i think.

Great for a nostalgic burst, these are how games used to be, rock hard as in collecting tons of objects from lots of rooms. Even starts off like Jet Set Willy as in theres someone ordering you to get the objects before you can go to your bed.

Must admit this is the 3rd game i've got from this dev, really nice nostalgic platformers (but badly badly need a continue Mr Dev !). The controls arent too bad but with so much free space in the bottom left hand corner i wish the left/back buttons were bigger.

Last edited by psj3809; 11-26-2013 at 08:13 AM..
Old 11-26-2013, 10:29 PM

Any achievements?
Old 11-27-2013, 07:40 AM

Really? Muff Boy?
Old 11-27-2013, 07:56 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste86uk View Post
Really? Muff Boy?
Yeah I had a little giggle at the Muffy, in case the dev didn't know, muff refers to a lady's private parts here in the uk.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:46 AM

Hi all

Sorry for this..
Promo codes is avaible on the promo code contest section..

Note:Thank psj3809 to review my game ..

On 3 games,just Lazy caverns have continue support..2 others games are in progress...

Makara Games
Old 11-27-2013, 08:50 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Could you add a save system ? I do like your games as they remind me of old 80's style games but its frustrating not being able to save my progress. I've got 3 of your games, just not being able to save ruins it

Also Lazy Caverns could you make the jump a bit longer ? To make it the same as your other games ? Its very tricky with a smaller jump.

Last edited by psj3809; 11-27-2013 at 09:06 AM..
Old 11-27-2013, 09:04 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Yeah I had a little giggle at the Muffy, in case the dev didn't know, muff refers to a lady's private parts here in the uk.
In the USA as well. Didn't play this yet, I love retro looking games if done right, so I'm hoping it turns out to be a gem. Will see, hopes not high tho, been burned so many times by retro inspired games.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:00 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

I was lucky enough to snag one of the promo codes.

This is an old school platformer game with a nod to the ZX Spectrum games Jet Set Willy and Technician ted.

The controls are good and whilst the arc of the jump seems generous at first glance, you will soon find that it's deceptive and the jumps have to be timed fairly accurately.

However unlike the games listed above you can stop moving mid jump. This means you do have more control than you did with JSW. But that also means its easy to mess up a jump because you lift off the direction pad before you land.

If you are the sort of person who can still pick up Manic Miner from time to time and blast through the first half dozen levels this games will be right up you alley and not too difficult. I manged to collect 15 of the 80 marbles on my first go. That said others will probably complain about the lack of save states, but in my opinion it doesn't need them. With these sorts of games it's all about finding a route through the game, and doing it over and over until you complete it.

The graphics are a bit clunky. Personally I would have rather the developers go with a simple JSW style sprite set. However this game is all about the gameplay and for me that is spot on.

I'd recommend this to anyone who likes 2D platforming games. Especially if they played any of the old ZX Spectum platformer games.