Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-25-2013, 07:20 PM

Default Max Blaster - (by Paul Jewell)[Universal]

Old 11-25-2013, 07:40 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

This is crazy sensitive! Anyone find a slider for that? Target reticule resets when you get powered up by streak.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:49 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Beat the game with a perfect in each stage in 1 go lol less than 15 mins

Ad-supported, pops up in between stages. Grab the laser and you're godlike. Might be too sensitive for others. Dual sticks can be moved around when the game is paused. 3-star system instead of points
Old 11-25-2013, 08:08 PM

15 minutes?! Wow! Nice work! I figure if someone plays my game for 15 minutes then that's already a success. I'll be adding more content in the updates. It's difficult because I'm only one man!

You pretty much nailed all the issues with the game. Great idea to have a sensitivity slider. I'll definitely put that in! Thank you for playing!
Old 11-25-2013, 08:21 PM

Default Max Blaster - A FREE Space adventure/Shoot-em-up!

Quote:
Introducing MAX BLASTER!

Download NOW for FREE

Max Blaster for iOS : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/max-blaster/id728374679?ls=1&mt=8

Max Blaster for Android : http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...jfx.maxblaster

Please review and help support my other free projects! Thanks!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Quote:

Description

Max Blaster is a new take on space shooters. Intense action combined with funny characters and wacky worlds.

The only rule is, shoot everything!

FEATURING

-Unique dual stick controls
-A crazy cast of characters and targets
-Six different colorful worlds
-Powerful Laser, Pulser and Missile weapons
-Quirky and fun sound effects
-Incredible "Streak Boosts"
-Power-up! With Shields and bombs
-Full HD 3D animated graphics

Download NOW for FREE

Max Blaster for iOS : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/max-blaster/id728374679?ls=1&mt=8

Max Blaster for Android : http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...jfx.maxblaster

A PJFX Game
www.pjfx.com

Old 11-26-2013, 03:14 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Hi, the game's really packed with action, and it's cool. I like the animations, but I prefer more serious themes.

There are a few things, that tell this is not a mainstream product. Like the video controls during the cinematics. They are really annoying, you definitely have to hide them. Or maybe they should be rendered by the game itself, I don't think the quality loss would be a deal breaker. The experience would be more fluid that way.

It takes some time to get used to the fast reaction and speed of your spaceship, but I guess it's required to be able to effectively get out of the way of obstacles. What if you introduce this degree of responsiveness gradually. I.e. on the first level your ship should move less speedy, and as you progress make it faster, so people can get used to the controls. Had no similar problems with the guns.

I had trouble telling the different guns apart, so I just tried to collect everything, which often downgraded my weapon. So I would make them look more different, maybe even tag them with stars. Like a one star weapon, two start weapon, three star weapon, etc. Starts could have different colors, so you could instantly tell whether you want to collect it or not.

Regards,
Balázs

Take a look at my project - www.fourios.com - feedback is always welcome
Old 11-27-2013, 12:27 AM

Thank you! I agree with all your points and I'll try to address them in the update. I'll have to find a different solution for the video, it's a technical limitation.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:02 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Ugh, the other post was not kidding, I beat in 20mins, game is so easy and obviously short. Dunno if updates can help this game, it's just been done 10000's of times much better than this. Developers gotta realize we don't want clones, if doing a similar game in the genre, make it different, add in something to make it unique, new gameplay types, anything but the same stuff with a different look. This is what makes the App Store stale. No offense to the dev, u tried after all, just not hard enuff.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:41 AM

I would still say it's a success. How many games actually keep you entertained for 20 minutes these days?

I pretty much agree with most of your criticisms though. It is my first game after all and it was a solo project. It probably tends towards a younger audience too,

People sure seem to expect a lot for free these days!
Old 11-28-2013, 01:43 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

One more thing, I think it makes more sense to be moved to the next level, once you finish one. Right now you have to scroll to it after completing the current one.

Regards,
Balázs