Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-27-2013, 08:52 AM

Default Windsquire: Race From Dragon Castle

Old 11-27-2013, 08:52 AM

Knightmare towers clone?
Looks like it, but still looks promising...downloading now.

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 11-27-2013 at 09:08 AM..
Old 11-27-2013, 09:05 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
Knightmare towers clone?
Looks like it, but still looks promising...downloading now.
I thought the exact same thing when I saw the screenshots but it plays a little more like LostWinds, in that you guide a bubble by controlling the wind. It is fast-paced like Knightmare Towers though. It passed the five minute test of whether I recommend it on the post, though I'm always apprehensive of new freemium releases as you don't know how the IAPs will play into things
Old 11-27-2013, 09:08 AM

Not a Knightmare tower clone. Completely different gameplay. Youre in a bubble(?), and the controls are tap under the bubble to go up, tap left of the bubble to move it right, and tap right of the bubble to move it left.
this game is great so far. Seriously, I'm having a lot of fun. I've only been playing for 15 minutes, so its yet to be seen whether or not the freemium stuff will ruin this one.

Will update later on, but I think this ones worth a shot.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
Not a Knightmare tower clone. Completely different gameplay. Youre in a bubble(?), and the controls are tap under the bubble to go up, tap left of the bubble to move it right, and tap right of the bubble to move it left.
this game is great so far. Seriously, I'm having a lot of fun. I've only been playing for 15 minutes, so its yet to be seen whether or not the freemium stuff will ruin this one.

Will update later on, but I think this ones worth a shot.
The controls in the screenshots make it look slingshot. Thanks for the comments.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:29 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Made the rookie mistake of trying the game out for another five minutes today and it ending up being half an hour! I'm actually really enjoying this! As Lazer Kat says, you control the air pushing your bubble-bound hero past obstacles trying to avoid the dragon chasing you. You pick up magic cubes that allow you to boost through wooden obstructions and you can knock down fellow prisoners to distract the dragon for a while.
It's got a good humour about it all and it's presentation is perfectly suited to it. IAPs aren't a worry at all - there's just one currency which you can earn or buy and a $0.99/69p option to remove ads for those that don't want to "cheat" but even then, the only ad I've found is a very small banner that I hadn't noticed until I looked for it.

I honestly would recommend this game if it cost 69p or more, to get it for free means I will most definitely be buying the ad remover just to support the dev.

As for any changes that might need to be done. I couldn't see a way to get to the menu in between levels; only restart or continue to next level buttons. I could be wrong but either way, it might need making clearer. Hopefully there's a bit more variety in the later levels, I haven't got bored at all yet but some variation would certainly go down well - enemies that shoot you and slow you down, obscure your vision would be wonderfully frustrating. Maybe some other surfaces that bounce you when you hit them or slalom-esque hoop trails that award you coins if you hit them all.

Good job devs!
Old 11-27-2013, 04:16 PM

Yeah,
Really enjoying this one.
And if anyone is looking at the screenies and wondering This is NOT a Knightmare Tower clone!
Ill be grabbing the In-App ad remover too, even though the ads are minimal and non intrusive; I want to support this dev.

Will give full rating and imps after spending an hour or so more with it.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:16 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 11-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Definitely not a slingshot game, it is more like a shmup where you lead the movement though obstacles. Pretty cool.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:00 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

Been playing this one off and on all day. It's really good. Like Lazer Kat said, the ads are very minimal, but spring for the "Remove Ads" IAP to support these guys.