Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 02:12 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Super Splatform - 8-bit jumper (by P1XL Games)

Here's a vine teaser of the 5 different worlds in the game: https://vine.co/v/hUE6wdjU37t

For those that like to hear the story behind it:

Back in 2002, I made a little platform game called Splatform for the Commodore 64, which took first place in a game coding competition. Your avatar continually bounced through procedurally generated (though not infinite) levels, and years later when Papi Jump and then Doodle Jump were selling so well, I thought, hey, that's (almost) my idea! Though maybe someone else had made a game like that before me.

Anyway, I ported my original Splatform game to iOS around 2009 but never released it, and we then started on a sequel, Super Splatform, in early 2010, which has been shelved numerous times since. The original Splatform finally saw release in 2011's "P1XL Party". Then, finally, over the last few weeks, we've crunched on Super Splatform to get it ready for a Christmas 2013 release. We sent the beta out to our testers last night.

The main "Super" gameplay takes place over 50 hand-made (rather than generated) levels, where the main goal is to find and bounce on the "finish line" platform. Secondary goals involve finding the (sometimes hidden) gold coin on each level, and completing the level in as few bounces as possible.

There's also the classic Commodore 64 mode (horizontal scrolling over procedurally generated levels), and an Infinite (vertical) mode.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:43 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Looks interesting. The hidden objects also sound cool. Looking forward to trying it out
Old 12-08-2013, 03:23 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleau View Post
Looks interesting. The hidden objects also sound cool. Looking forward to trying it out
Thanks for the interest!

We submitted the game on Friday, so there's a chance it'll be released before the holiday shutdown.

Here's a few screenshots:

Old 12-09-2013, 08:08 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

A couple more screenshots:

Old 12-09-2013, 08:17 PM

Woah so handcrafted, random, and a vertical mode in one game? Plus hidden items? If this game has the tight controls to back it up I think you guys might really have something special (:
Old 12-09-2013, 08:47 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
Woah so handcrafted, random, and a vertical mode in one game? Plus hidden items? If this game has the tight controls to back it up I think you guys might really have something special (:
Thanks, we hope so! The testers have enjoyed it so far. We've got three control modes: tilt, swipe, and a "two thumb" left/right mode (like Chillaxian).
Old 12-09-2013, 08:50 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

We just released the gameplay trailer, featuring a quick look at each world (and each world's music!):

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 12-09-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin/P1XL View Post
Thanks, we hope so! The testers have enjoyed it so far. We've got three control modes: tilt, swipe, and a "two thumb" left/right mode (like Chillaxian).
Well definitely post on this thread as soon as you know the release date! I'm impressed and I'm gonna spread the word to some fellow members and the universal "Upcoming" thread. Hopefully this sneaks in before the shut down!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:58 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

This brings back nightmares of playing Guild Wars 2's Super Adventure Box tribulation mode in world 2. Asia + high latency + bugged spring pads = 2 hours of agony dying over and over again lol
Old 12-09-2013, 09:58 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Definitely looks pretty awesome! Love the music, too.

Closed Thread