Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-28-2013, 01:05 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Supernauts (by Grand Cru)

Quote:
Supernauts is out in Canada to get some feedback on the game and should be available worldwide soon.

Supernauts is a new game where you can build things out of blocks in full 3D!

Solve puzzles and rescue people from flooded earth, build your own space retreat and play LIVE with thousands of other players!

Supernauts has an addictive mixture of creative building, puzzle-solving missions and strategic production planning in a social & fun cartoon-like environment. Produce new materials and fill out purchase orders to gain more resources. Fly back to Earth and rescue people to populate your own world! Discover the whole Supernauts Universe and see what other players have built!

REVIEWS

“This game is amazing !! I love it !!”

“Finally a building game that is easy enough so that even I can play!”

“Great fun and so addictive! Who thought playing blocks be so fun!”

“Almost looks like concept art. This is gameplay? NEAT!”

FEATURES:
• FREE TO PLAY !
• Stunning 3D Retina graphics
• Build your own customized world — anything you might think of!
• Carry out exciting missions by flying back to Earth and rescuing people
• Play with friends — discover what other Supernauts have built, chat LIVE and play together!
• Uncover the mystery of the flooding Earth!
• Supernauts now works on iPhone and iPod Touch (5th generation)

Note! A network connection is required to play Supernauts

Note! Supernauts won't work on 4th generation iPod Touch.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 12-23-2013 at 12:49 AM..
Old 11-28-2013, 01:06 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I'm really surprised nobody posted about this game before. It's so far above your standard free-to-play/timer bullcrap. It combines minecraft with some puzzle elements in an elegant and clean presentation.
It's seriously, so far, engrossing.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:08 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Is this sandbox?
Old 11-28-2013, 01:13 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashy View Post
Is this sandbox?
It's mostly linear at the start but it should be way more open later on. How and I must be pretty clear: You'll find timers here but there's a real game behind that's fun to play. I've yet to see if a paywall will block my progress.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:15 PM

This looks legit
Old 11-28-2013, 01:23 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
This looks legit
It's really amazing how it looks. I'm not saying that a person who hates freemium will like this game but if you do plan ahead you can really advance fast. And I'll stop now or people will think that I'm paid to post about this game
Old 11-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Banned
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

This looks interesting.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Looks pretty cool from the screenshots, looking forward to it.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:56 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I've played for about an hour or so, so far, and it still feels like I'm in tutorial mode.
As soon as I do one thing, I get an alert pop up to do the next, I really just wanted to roam around and do my own thang.

When people visit my world, it's awkward as hell.. You can only chat if you have Facebook linked up, but I tried that and kept getting an error message.

Witness several crashes already, playing on iPad mini, thankfully the game does a good job at saving exactly where you were, so I didn't lose progress.. That was nice.

It's really difficult to move machines, often it find it hard to activate certain machines because it feels a bit cluttered with all the machines on a small island.. I'm not sure why we couldn't just buy one machine and have it constantly upgraded instead to craft new items.

It's not some mmo where you build, like minecraft, instead it's pretty much single player, except if someone happens to visit your world, but in that case, you can't build with them or anything, they just stand around awkwardly watching you..

You can't build much because you buy a tiny square upgrade every now and then, and when you do, it already gets filled with machinery so there's not much room left to build.
Since you have to pay coins to upgrade your island with a tiny minuscule amount of extra land, I have a sneaking suspicion land prices will appreciate in value rapidly with each upgrade, basically forcing a pay wall. Have t hit that far yet, but I'll keep playing to find out.. If there's no paywall, it could end up quite decent when there's more freedom further on, and more room to build and time to customise my world instead of feeling hurried into quests and tasks.

It seems to be marketed as a creative game, but it doesn't feel like that at all, atleast not for me. Though I don't exactly dislike the game, it's decent, but it just feels too simplified being told what to do every step of the way, having limited areas to build on because of all the machines, not being able to interact with other users properly, etc.

Could be better..... I think growtopia, minecraft and junk jack x are much better creative social games.

Last edited by Snozberry; 11-28-2013 at 11:00 PM..
Old 12-05-2013, 02:27 PM

This is a unique game that ties together several genres. I am definitely having fun with it. Glad someone steered me towards it in another thread.

One thing I would like to see improved is how to move machines. Each time you walk by them they have a lift arrow and I have mistakenly picked them up on more than one occasion.

Fix that and it's a great sim/grow your own/adventure/puzzler!