Support our Sponsors:

Old 11-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Sorcery! or Lone Wolf?

I've never gotten too much into gamebooks, but these too had me somewhat intrigued. Both are going on sale for Black Friday so I thought maybe I'd tip my toes in the water with one.

So which one is better? More fun? And maybe better for someone who hasn't played an iOS gamebook.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:37 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I like Sorcery better! +1 for Sorcery
Old 11-29-2013, 07:00 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I picked up both in these sales and I've got to say Sorcery! Hands down for me.

I haven't played a virtual gamebook before but I have played/read the actual books but it was longer ago than I care to mention so I don't think it put me in any better position than a beginner either.
Having a sequel available to Sorcery is a plus as well, if you enjoy the experience you'll have an obvious hit for your next fix. But that's just me!
Old 11-29-2013, 07:15 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I picked up both in these sales and I've got to say Sorcery! Hands down for me.

I haven't played a virtual gamebook before but I have played/read the actual books but it was longer ago than I care to mention so I don't think it put me in any better position than a beginner either.
Having a sequel available to Sorcery is a plus as well, if you enjoy the experience you'll have an obvious hit for your next fix. But that's just me!
The sequel is even better! with larger map/ location and more alternate story paths. You will breeze through the first one very quickly, which will leave you hungry for more action.........you can find in the second one!
Old 11-29-2013, 08:41 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Cool. Thanks for the feedback guys! It did sound to me that Lone Wolf was also kind of buggy so think I'll go with Sorcery!
Old 11-29-2013, 11:43 AM

Could someone please explain these to me a little? I bought Sorcery! a while back, but I was thinking it was more of an RPG and lost interest. Now, I'm thinking I probably just played it wrong. I'm going to reinstall and try again, but just want to know how to play these things.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:41 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I've never gotten too much into gamebooks, but these too had me somewhat intrigued. Both are going on sale for Black Friday so I thought maybe I'd tip my toes in the water with one.

So which one is better? More fun? And maybe better for someone who hasn't played an iOS gamebook.
Try Gamebook Adventures - An Assassin in Orlandes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda33 View Post
Could someone please explain these to me a little? I bought Sorcery! a while back, but I was thinking it was more of an RPG and lost interest. Now, I'm thinking I probably just played it wrong. I'm going to reinstall and try again, but just want to know how to play these things.
They are sort-of RPGs You play the role of the character, making decisions and doing the combat.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Cool. Thanks for the feedback guys! It did sound to me that Lone Wolf was also kind of buggy so think I'll go with Sorcery!
Not to confuse matters for you, but Lone Wolf is awesome. Sorcery is good, too, but combat is, well, underwhelming. Lone Wolf is also better written.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:43 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Not to confuse matters for you, but Lone Wolf is awesome. Sorcery is good, too, but combat is, well, underwhelming. Lone Wolf is also better written.
Plus it has Game Center achievements, that matters to me as neither of the Sorcery games do.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:53 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Ah well, I have Sorcery for now and I'll definately keep Lone Wolf on my radar.
Thanks for the advice though.

I don't care that much about achievements, but the combat in Lone Wolf does sound good.