★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: The Tapping of the Dead $3.99...boy this looks terrible.

08-05-2009, 04:32 PM
The Tapping of the Dead $3.99...boy this looks terrible.

You know that age-old argument about what makes art? You know how some people look at "art" and say, "Wow. That's garbage. My 3-year-old could do better than that." I think the screenshots from this game make me wonder if there's anyone on this forum that couldn't draw a better zombie. And BTW, this is NOT Tap of the Dead. That is a different game.
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301046965&mt=8

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-05-2009, 04:35 PM
I like how it says "3 difficulties, well balanced for armatures and experts"

Spellcheck ftl.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper

08-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
I like how it says "3 difficulties, well balanced for armatures and experts"

Spellcheck ftl.
I just looked in my dictionary to double check this and look what I found:
Armature. Noun.-1. One who pays 4 dollars for a game that is utter garbage. 2. One who shuns proper spelling.

Who knew?

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
You know that age-old argument about what makes art? You know how some people look at "art" and say, "Wow. That's garbage. My 3-year-old could do better than that." I think the screenshots from this game make me wonder if there's anyone on this forum that couldn't draw a better zombie. And BTW, this is NOT Tap of the Dead. That is a different game.
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301046965&mt=8
It really does look the pants and i can see this dropping in price big time to $0.99/59p in no time at all and possibly even free eventually...Cant believe they want $3.99/2.39 for it...They must think we are all mugs or maybe they think we are all dead and zombies and will pay and buy anything

08-05-2009, 04:41 PM
its 2.99 now lol

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Interesting that it's "New"... This game was sucking up the app store a long time ago.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
08-05-2009, 04:49 PM
WTF is this game even about? The app store description made almost no sense.
08-05-2009, 04:55 PM
What gets me is that there are actually TEN different versions of this game.

...at first glance it looked like you could draw your own zombies to kill, which might have been mildly amusing, but alas, it's too much to ask.

Edit: their website says if you buy and review one of their games, then send them an e-mail, they'll give you a promo code for another one of your choice. That's actually quite a nice idea, if only they had any apps worth owning.

Last edited by MidianGTX; 08-05-2009 at 04:58 PM.
08-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
What gets me is that there are actually TEN different versions of this game.

...at first glace it looked like you could draw your own zombies to kill, which might have been mildly amusing, but alas, it's too much to ask.
They must think we're a bunch of armatures.

08-05-2009, 04:56 PM
It's nothing more than just tapping the screen as fast as you can and watching the crappy drawing of the "zombie" get bloody.

They released several versions of this game back in December, each one was nothing more than a different zombie face. Then they did one that put them all together.

if you want some real fun you should check out the "music video" they did with speed metal soundtrack.

I'm almost positive that this game was TOFTT'd back then (in fact it came out right about the same time that TOFTT was created.

But the main point of all of this is... Stay Away! And that's coming from a guy who Loves Zombie Games...

Bob

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5