Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-01-2013, 10:04 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Division Cell by Evgeni Gordejev

Quote:
The game is out at New Zealand costs $2.59 or US$ 1.99

Size of the app 47.7 MB

Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Description

In Division Cell, your task is to restore harmony and symmetry to an array of disorganized shapes. Take a trip with us to Flatland!

Challenge yourself and your friends in an infinite world of shapes. Explore digital origami in the form of colorful and symmetrical patterns.

~ Welcome to Flatland ~

Division Cell is a geometric and minimalist puzzle game featuring a harmonious blend of aesthetic pastel tones seasoned with a mystic and ethereal soundscape.

~ Create harmony and equality ~

Share levels with friends, using Facebook, Twitter, email or even text messages! Show them the shapes you have encountered and challenge them to bring order to the chaos.

~ The Modes of Form ~

Explore! – ‘Puzzle Mode’ – 140 unique levels in 4 different level packs!

Experiment! – ‘Time Attack’ – Play infinitely varying, procedurally generated levels against the clock!

Experience! – ‘Endless Mode’ – Learn from the past – hear an ancient campfire story of the Flat people!

~ The Art of Touch ~

With each new level, you are confronted with a group of shapes (rectangles, triangles and wedges), which must be manipulated and honed until they are of the same form. You only need to tap to play!
iPhone Screenshot

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by copaeci; 12-10-2013 at 10:29 PM..
Old 12-02-2013, 01:32 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Looks pretty good
Old 12-02-2013, 01:44 AM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleau View Post
Looks pretty good
Kinda looks like Don't shoot yourself a little.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:50 AM

Any gameplay video?
Old 12-04-2013, 07:21 AM

This is an excellent puzzler. The design and motion animation are highly polished. I am usually not a fan of time based star ratings, but I'm really liking this regardless.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownlowd1 View Post
This is an excellent puzzler. The design and motion animation are highly polished.
Agreed. Slick puzzle game that kind of reminds me of Blip Blup or Kami, though the mechanics are entirely different.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:28 PM

Can someone explain if the game clues you to the MINIMIZE number of moves possible to finish a level? Is the MINIMUM number always half of the "alloted" moves? For example, if the game tells you that you need 6 moves to score a star, then the level can be finished in only 3 moves.

However, both 1-7 and 1-14 levels can be finished in only 2 moves, despite the game tells you 6 moves to score a star.

I am very confused by this.

Last edited by y2kmp3; 12-05-2013 at 07:51 PM..
Old 12-09-2013, 04:52 PM

I want to resurrect this threat to ask others who played this game.

Are you guys finding this game unusually difficult? I played many puzzle games before. Usually, after a while, I would begin to develop some sort of general strategies of attack. Yet, with this game, I am at a loss most of the time except for the most obvious moves.

This game is not talked about much in this forum, something I also found odd. Is it because this game is too difficult or unrewarding to play?
Old 12-10-2013, 02:29 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Can someone explain if the game clues you to the MINIMIZE number of moves possible to finish a level? Is the MINIMUM number always half of the "alloted" moves? For example, if the game tells you that you need 6 moves to score a star, then the level can be finished in only 3 moves.

However, both 1-7 and 1-14 levels can be finished in only 2 moves, despite the game tells you 6 moves to score a star.

I am very confused by this.
You've noticed correctly, if target is 6 moves then the smallest number of moves is half (3), BUT sometimes half of the moves is not optimal number it is just an amount of moves authors (us) managed to solve these levels. I'm pretty sure that some levels could be solved with less moves than author's moves( probably levels at the end of Puzzle Mode ).

The basic strategy that I'm using is to imagine what would be last move and then trying to achieve it.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:36 PM

How far did you get in the game? For the later puzzles (world 3 and higher), how many moves do you need to solve?

I, too, use the same strategy of imagining the "next to last" step. However, for at least one puzzle, I have been able to find more than one working configuration for this "next to last" step. Consequently, this means that some of the puzzles can have more than one distinct solution paths.

I am sitting on the fence on whether or not I want to continue tackling this game to the end. Like Sokoban and other variants, this is the type of puzzle games in which a puzzle is easy to make but difficult to solve. This is because one can easily start out with a solved configuration and then just work backward to come up with the initial configuration. I wonder if this is what the authors of this game did (to some extent). Doing so will NOT give you the optimal solution, as it may be possible that the initial configuration can be solved faster. This explains why for some levels I was able to beat the level with less than half of the allowed moves (as you pointed out, I also discovered that the minimum intended number of moves is half of the allowed moves for a star).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepych View Post
You've noticed correctly, if target is 6 moves then the smallest number of moves is half (3), BUT sometimes half of the moves is not optimal number it is just an amount of moves authors (us) managed to solve these levels. I'm pretty sure that some levels could be solved with less moves than author's moves( probably levels at the end of Puzzle Mode ).

The basic strategy that I'm using is to imagine what would be last move and then trying to achieve it.

Last edited by y2kmp3; 12-10-2013 at 08:38 PM..