★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Jump! Out now, only $0.99!

08-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Jump! Out now, only $0.99!

Hi everyone!

This is the developer of the new action game, "Jump!", Now available on the app store!

iTunes Link

Grrr, my video camera is broken!! If anyone can post a video while I go buy a new one I would really appreciate it!

Jump! Is a platform jumping game in the spirit of PapiJump and Doodle Jump. It has great looking graphics, online high scores and awards (achievements) via the free Agon social network. Earn points by collecting balloons as well as just getting up as high as you can. Don't forget to grab balloons on your way down too! Choose from three characters.

Jump! Doesn't have enemies that appear from above without warning and kill you(actually it has none at all) so it's a bit less stressful than other related games. It focuses more on collecting balloons than on avoiding enemies.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy it! Try beating my scores! My Agon name is WillWorkForFood, add me as a friend!

Last edited by WillWorkForFood; 08-08-2009 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Update about my broken video camera
08-05-2009, 07:04 PM
thanks for the link
08-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Well I gotta say that it sure has some nice looking screen shots on the app store.

It's not out on App Shopper so I can't post them here.

I'm pretty app'd out, but I think that if gameplay is good like the visuals, people will have a lot of fun with this one.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Send a message via AIM to Ryan el champ
any impressions yet?

I play to win...

XBL Gamertag: Dude its minion
08-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Really like this game! Kinda like crack only more addicting... Great time killer! Luv the dog, sooo cute!

Last edited by gamergirlzrule; 08-05-2009 at 11:24 PM.
08-06-2009, 01:23 PM
App Store description:

"Jump! is a surprisingly fun and addictive game. Jump from platform to platform, climbing from the depths of the ocean, up into the the sky and keep going right into space! The higher you go, the higher you score.

How to play:
Jumping is automatic. Simply tilt your device to move left or right. Collect balloons along the way for bonus points.

Features:
*Beautiful Graphics
*Challenging and addicting gameplay
*Online High Scores and Awards (Achievements) utilizing the free Agon social network
*Automatically saves if interrupted by a phone call
*Invite your friends from Facebook and Twitter
*Brag about your scores and awards on Facebook and Twitter"

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
08-06-2009, 01:26 PM
So what sets it apart from the crowd of Doodle Jumpers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
App Store description:

"Jump! is a surprisingly fun and addictive game. Jump from platform to platform, climbing from the depths of the ocean, up into the the sky and keep going right into space! The higher you go, the higher you score.

How to play:
Jumping is automatic. Simply tilt your device to move left or right. Collect balloons along the way for bonus points.

Features:
*Beautiful Graphics
*Challenging and addicting gameplay
*Online High Scores and Awards (Achievements) utilizing the free Agon social network
*Automatically saves if interrupted by a phone call
*Invite your friends from Facebook and Twitter
*Brag about your scores and awards on Facebook and Twitter"

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
So what sets it apart from the crowd of Doodle Jumpers?
Hi LordGek!

Jump! has things the others don't have. Lets start with the graphics. You'll notice that the art is very good looking and that there is a ton of variety. The backgrounds have multiple scrolling layers that move as you progress upwards into the sky. Your platforms change as you get higher to match your surroundings (fish, eels and jellyfish etc in the ocean Birds, clouds, blimps etc in the skies. Rockets, and galaxies etc in space).

Online high scores and achievements via the Agon social network. Doodle Jump and others don't have achievements and aren't connected to an entire community. Agon is free by the way and there are no ads.

It supports both Facebook and Twitter! Brag to your friends about getting a high score, or earning a difficult achievement. Agon is location aware too, so you can compare scores with people who live near you in addition to the global list and your friends.

The game has a heavy collecting focus. Sure, your score goes up the higher you go, but you earn much more by collecting balloons on the way instead of just skipping everything to go higher as fast as you can.

When you fall, the game isn't over! As you fall all the way back to the bottom, you can still collect more balloons. It's like a built in bonus round. The higher you get before falling, the more balloons you can collect on the way down!

You can choose from three different characters to match your personality best. There's a guy, a girl and a floppy dog (who looks pretty funny when he falls).

Now, there is one thing that Jump! DOESN'T have that you see in other games. And that's the frustrating enemies that appear from offscreen with very little or no warning. Instant kills frustrate me, so there aren't any in Jump! This also means you have no need to tap the screen while playing... there is no need for shooting. This means you can play the game with one hand. This gives the game a much less stressful feel.

I hope that answers your question

Jump! [iTunes Link]
My Agon name: WillWorkForFood

Last edited by WillWorkForFood; 08-06-2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention facebook and Tritter!
08-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Think I'm gonna buy this... just waiting for a video to confirm