★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Match3D Flick Puzzle got an EDITORS CHOICE for iPhone Puzzle Games!!!

08-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Match3D Flick Puzzle got an EDITORS CHOICE for iPhone Puzzle Games!!!

Linky: http://bit.ly/FLbW1

Quote:
I’ve said it before, but it doesn’t matter how full a genre is if you can come up with something that people haven’t seen… and something they want. It’s like being at a party and it’s full of girls, but as soon as “the right girl” comes in you can’t remember how many others there were to begin with. Okay that sounded really sexist so just use the analogy with whatever you want to put in there.

That being said, one of the most populated genres in the App Store is the Match 3 field. In fact, I’ve always wondered when someone will make a Match 3 game where you have to match 3 Match 3 games and they’ll disappear from the store. It’s like Survivor meets Bejeweled.

Sure, that’s a bit of a joke, but I always thought it’d make a cool game. But then PlayScreen came up with something better… And something I haven’t seen before, and something I really wanted.

If you like Match 3 games you’ve got to check this out. It’s not only twice as good as the others out there… It’s 8 times better. I take that back… I was just using pure math for the joke. When you’re moving the cube around trying to find your matches you’ll see that it’s a lot more than just 8 times better.

Pick it up… and just try to put it down.
THANK YOU 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩!

Congrats to the team, to Sherri, and to the testers.

(Please O Please let Apple feature this game)

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto

Last edited by PlayScreen; 08-05-2009 at 07:12 PM.
08-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Congrats. You and the team deserve it. It IS a great game, and turned the match 3 genre on it head / side/ rear end.

Oh, I don't mind the name BTW. I'm not sure it is catchy enough to just roll off the tongue, but you are the only Match 3D out there.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

08-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Well, you know you are onto something good when the top competitor in the genre contacts us to get us to NOT mention them in the game description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Congrats. You and the team deserve it. It IS a great game, and turned the match 3 genre on it head / side/ rear end.

Oh, I don't mind the name BTW. I'm not sure it is catchy enough to just roll off the tongue, but you are the only Match 3D out there.

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto

Last edited by PlayScreen; 08-05-2009 at 07:22 PM.
08-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Send a message via ICQ to JCik68 Send a message via Skype™ to JCik68
Gratz guys! Hopefully there are more to come

Add me @ Gamecenter - JCik#68
08-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayScreen View Post
Well, you know you are onto something good when the top competitor in the genre contacts us to get us to NOT mention them in the game description.
They probably just don't want to confuse customers who search for their game and then receive your game in the results. I don't think you were doing this intentionally, but it's a fairly common practice among less scrupulous developers to list thinly veiled "keywords" as "recommendations" for "fans of" [20 of the most popular App Store games regardless of genre].
08-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
They probably just don't want to confuse customers who search for their game and then receive your game in the results. I don't think you were doing this intentionally, but it's a fairly common practice among less scrupulous developers to list thinly veiled "keywords" as "recommendations" for "fans of" [20 of the most popular App Store games regardless of genre].
We were just saying that if you played X, you might like this game.

Yeah ... I know about the keyword craziness.

Hey, they were nice on the phone.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
08-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Oh hey, it's this game! I saw it earlier while scanning for new games... kinda passed on it since I absolutely hate match 3 games, Bejeweled being the worst (seriously, I was ill with swine flu and I had four nightmares in a row, all to do with playing endless games of Bejeweled).

But! Having read that review I'm inclined to give it a go. Also since the graphics just look so damn pretty. Has anyone got some direct captures from the game so I can see exactly how it looks? All the previews have been shrunk.
08-05-2009, 08:13 PM
New Video Review: 9.5/10

Youtube link | Pop Up

- Shigeru Miyamoto
08-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Oh hey, it's this game! I saw it earlier while scanning for new games... kinda passed on it since I absolutely hate match 3 games, Bejeweled being the worst (seriously, I was ill with swine flu and I had four nightmares in a row, all to do with playing endless games of Bejeweled).

But! Having read that review I'm inclined to give it a go. Also since the graphics just look so damn pretty. Has anyone got some direct captures from the game so I can see exactly how it looks? All the previews have been shrunk.
Here you go!

- Shigeru Miyamoto
08-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the screens, I just tried the free version and strangely enough, it's freakin' awesome. I never thought I could get into a match 3 game due to the simplicity, but this give it just enough depth to raise it about the level of dull mindless clicking. I'm seriously considering the full version now.

If you're listening to feedback on here, the only problem I had was with the orange left and right buttons that change the active plane. They're kinda small and too close to the plane button. Perhaps some kind of horizontal scroll wheel would work (y'know, like on a mouse)? Scroll left and right to switch planes and click it in (tap the middle) to switch between the different plane selections.