★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: SPECIAL PRICE
50% OFF (USD 7.99 -> USD 3.99)!!!

Venture through puzzle-filled dungeons to bring the past back to the present!

The 'Chronus Fragments' are needed to prepare for the 'Time Rewinding', which only takes place once every 10 years. Will you be able to get them?
On their way to the Chronus Shrine to get the Fragments, Loka and Teth are surrounded by a mysterious man named Geppel and his gang. They demand the Fragments.
While Teth plays for time, Loka, the main character, rushes out of the cave on his own to fetch reinforcements. He is successful, but Teth and Geppel are nowhere to be found.
Aiming to gather information about his missing teacher, Teth, and Geppel, who is trying to get his hands on the Fragments, Loka decides to set out on a journey. Accompanying him is Sarna.

The game features familiar quests, but also dungeons filled with puzzles to solve, and characters who grow and develop as the story progresses.
Also, in the 'Ancient Halls' in the towns, by using CA points you can purchase extra dungeons and special items.

- Dungeons with puzzles to solve
Set skills as you want- but be aware of the limited 'cost levels'!
In the dungeons there are various puzzles which need to be solved. There are boxes and pots which need to be moved, switches which need to be pushed to make something happen, and you will sometimes even need to make use of enemies to get past the obstacles which lie in your path.
Even if you fail to solve a puzzle, you can reset it with just a button press, so it's easy to try as many times as you want to.

- Incredible monster animations
You will be amazed by the monsters' spectacular animations!
You will randomly find yourself in battle when in the field, and in dungeons, you will start a battle if you touch an enemy.
Battles are conducted by selecting commands, with a turn-based system.
Some enemies may be surprisingly weak against certain elements. It's always a good idea to turn the battle to your advantage by trying to find these weak points.

- Class changes
In the shrine in Iatt, you can change your class.
In order to do so, though, you need to be at a certain level, and you need to have gained certain items especially for class changes, which will disappear when you use them.
After a class change, the character's title will change, and his/her level will return to 1, but any learned magic and skills will not be forgotten, and the character's previous status will be carried over to an extent.
Characters become stronger with each class change, so it's a good idea to change regularly!

- The tutorial function makes play easy even for beginners!
There are tutorials for how to solve the puzzles in the dungeons, how to search for items, etc., so you don't have to be an expert to enjoy the game!

- Extra dungeons
You can obtain points depending on the number of monsters you've defeated, and with these points, you can access extra dungeons, with many fiendish puzzles to solve!
There are also many items to make your progress through the adventure easier.

*This game features some in-app-purchase content. While in-app-purchase content requires additional fees, it is not necessary for finishing the game.
*The actual price might differ depending on the region.
12-02-2013, 01:34 AM
Is all their games reskin of each other by writing some new story? Seem like all their graphic and mechanic look alike?

12-02-2013, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenken11 View Post
Is all their games reskin of each other by writing some new story? Seem like all their graphic and mechanic look alike?
That seems kinda true, though nowadays they do seem to be all universal, which is a good thing.
12-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Pretty much why I don't even bother anymore. Sadly, they are the only meal to fill your stomach if your hungry for an RPG, which I believe is why they remain so popular and are received so well. It's not like there are any other publishers consistently putting out RPG's. I feel most RPG fans give them a generous pass and even inflate their perceived quality, because honestly I find most of the stories only passable as their mechanics. I honestly think their games wouldn't rate nearly as high if they had some competition on the AppStore.
12-02-2013, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
That seems kinda true, though nowadays they do seem to be all universal, which is a good thing.
This.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-02-2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
As I recall, they have a few development teams. So, there are 2 or 3 basic games, and then more or less reskins of those few different games.

Outside of a few RPG's by smaller developers (pen&paper, doom&destiny, etc) it's pretty much these games or the more expensive Squaresoft re-releases. Personally I prefer the Squaresoft offerings.

I keep checking the threads for the kemco RPG's (and bought some a while back) with the hope that one comes out and is a really stellar release. Maybe this will be the one...
12-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Cool, another Kemco published rpg. I have no issue with the rate in which these games come out since there are several teams making them. Plus the file sizes tend to be tiny and all the games at some point hit the buck mark which means I have a big backlog of them. Granted, these aren't the best AAA Rpg's ever made, but they aren't bad and they do scratch the itch without feeling like I gotta install some multi hundred megabyte port of a classic FF game I've played before where they axed the classic 2d graphics that I honestly preferred. So really, outside of a few notable other RPG's on iOS (talking realtime movement and turn based battles)... this is it.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.
12-02-2013, 11:09 AM
The real question is, is this another lazy port? The fact that it's universal brings a bit if hope with it. Hopefully it actually has true retina widescreen support and isn't stretched or has borders. When someone takes the plunge let me know. It's my gf's birthday tmrw so I can't be that guy. Who knows how much money that's gonna cost. Haha
12-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Reskin is okay, but is there improvement? No point using the same asset and just rewrite stories after stories.

We can see huge improvement in games like Inotia series, Zenonia series and many other games series. From my point of view, they just making games with the same asset and not trying to improve the asset at all?
12-02-2013, 11:49 AM
This looks like the best kemco game to date!