★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Electric Box

08-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Electric Box

itunes link - 99 cents

Electric Box

** LIMITED TIME ONLY: INTRODUCTORY PRICE 50% OFF! **

The goal of Candystand.com's popular puzzler is simple: there is a power source and a target that lacks power. Use the tools in the game to get the power from the source to the target.

Easy, right?

Well... what if the tools include items like tea kettles, laser beams, refrigerators & light bulbs? Sounding less easy? What if I told you there were 50 (FIFTY!) levels to puzzle your way through? While the mechanics are so simple that you can pick the game up and start playing right away, the game is deep enough to stay challenging for hours. And if you're already familiar with the online version, you'll be glad to know that this version has dozens of new levels you've never seen before.

This is one of the most original and highly-praised puzzlers ever launched online, and its iPhone debut doesn't disappoint at all. It's clean, clear, and fun, and it's so smooth you'll think Electric Box was designed for the phone in the first place.
Jayisgames.com liked it so much they even wrote their review in song:

The levels of Electric Box are built to test your mettle;
One stage, you might reroute the steam of an electric kettle.
Another might use mirrors to shine red lasers here and there,
And if you're not prepared, you'll end up tearing out your hair.
Electric Box is quite a pleasant sight;
Its chain-reaction gameplay makes me want to play all night.
The sounds and music are spot-on, and really suit the mood;
The graphics, too, are lovely fits, if I may so conclude.
-SonicLover from Jayisgames.com

Praise from the masses:
- "A wonderful little game...a good concept well implemented, I look forward to more soon!"
- "Woo hoo! I'm already stuck again...haha. This is a GREAT game. Thanks for bringing it to us."

08-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Bought, based on the thumbs up from jayisgames. Love that site.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

08-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Assuming there are no crippling glitches on the iPhone version (I've only played the flash version), this game should be well worth the sale price. If you like "Incredible Machine" type games there's no reason to dislike this one at all.
08-05-2009, 09:35 PM
I've played a few levels of this on Kongregate and liked it. Had sort of wished I could have it for my Ipod Touch so I can play it on-the-go. And here it is!
08-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Well worth it

I haven't played enough levels for a full impression, but I wanted to let people know during the sale that it is easily worth a buck. If you are a fan of games like Crazy Machines, this is a no-brainer purchase.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
08-09-2009, 10:51 PM
This game is fantastic. I love the design and everything takes some analyzing to do. This game seems very Enigmoish, so if you liked that game definetely get this game. This game deserves more attention than it is currently is getting.
08-09-2009, 11:09 PM
I'd like to see a video or read a review from BA before I get it.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
08-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post
I'd like to see a video or read a review from BA before I get it.
If you noticed BA only reviews good games

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-09-2009, 11:13 PM
I picked this one up because its on sale, it looked interesting, and I haven't heard one person say anything bad about it. I still haven't had a chance to play it yet myself, I will sync later and post impressions soon.
08-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
If you noticed BA only reviews good games
LOL... good grief.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣