Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-02-2013, 08:36 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Minimon 3D MMORPG (Universal @ $0.99) [Pokemon clone]

Minimon 3D is the Pokemon clone for iOS that you've been waiting for
Inspired by Pokemon XY, this the sequel for Minimon Online, featuring improved graphics (now in 3D), a bigger world, better clan system and lots of other new features.

Contains Online play (chat, trade and battle with other players).
Any questions about the game just ask!

Grab your promocode here:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3053157

Last edited by SushiMan; 12-11-2013 at 07:30 AM..
Old 12-03-2013, 04:30 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Hi,

I don't want to be the bad guy, but I said I would post impressions so let's go.

The controls are not good at all. The french translation is awful, please allow the player to play in english, if it is better than french that is.

On the other side, I 'd like to explore a bit more and see how interesting is the hunt for monsters.

Some improvements in the controls would be great though.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:31 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewi View Post
Hi,

I don't want to be the bad guy, but I said I would post impressions so let's go.

The controls are not good at all. The french translation is awful, please allow the player to play in english, if it is better than french that is.

On the other side, I 'd like to explore a bit more and see how interesting is the hunt for monsters.

Some improvements in the controls would be great though.

Hi, can you explain what you don't like about the controls? I can improve it in next update
And yes, the french translation was done with Google translate, so I guess it must be bad. It is possible to play in english if you change the phone language to english, but I might add an option in the game settings to change it.

Last edited by SushiMan; 12-03-2013 at 06:34 AM..
Old 12-03-2013, 07:22 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushiMan View Post
Hi, can you explain what you don't like about the controls? I can improve it in next update
And yes, the french translation was done with Google translate, so I guess it must be bad. It is possible to play in english if you change the phone language to english, but I might add an option in the game settings to change it.
Yes I would prefer playing in english if that is possible.

About the controls, I think the bad thing is the fact that the character stops at each step, it gives a laggy impression and it is hard to control it correctly. Because of that it is a pain to go from a place to another. Getting back to the shop where you heal is too long.

I have noticed that the menu button does not respond correctly from time to time.

I have exprienced some game freezes that have forced me to quit and restart, losing my progression (I play on iPhone 4).

Despite all those bad points, I'm beginning to like the game as I have been able to explore a bit and catch some monsters. The pokemon feeling is not very far. Maybe a bit of polish to the controls and interfaces could make of this game a great one.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:31 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Sure, I will add a language selection then!
And by the way, you can run by double tapping the arrows, that way you can move much faster. I will try to improve the character movement a bit then, thanks for your feedback. I hope the other people who played the game also help with suggestions
Old 12-03-2013, 12:03 PM

I did not have any promo code but base on the screenshots I guess it's not attracting me. Can anyone post a gameplay video of this? Will gladly buy it if it's cool.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:58 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenken11 View Post
I did not have any promo code but base on the screenshots I guess it's not attracting me. Can anyone post a gameplay video of this? Will gladly buy it if it's cool.
Why you say it is not attractive to you?
If you like Pokemon or other RPG games give it a try, it has tons of content already, and I am already making much more to add in the next update.

I did not make yet an official video, but some players have put some videos online:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT6NS6iVwDA
Some of the videos are from the beta version though, so they have worse graphics than current version.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:27 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I spent a little bit of time playing this morning and so far I'm enjoying the game. Minimon 3D has that pokemon vibe much like its predecessor. There seems to be a good variety of minimon to catch. The developer is active in fixing and adding content which is a plus in my book!

I do have a couple of complaints about the game though. The movement has a slight pause as you move between tiles. Not a big deal but slightly annoying. Also, there doesn't seem to be a tutorial that explains things such as capturing minimon or storing them. I'm familiar with the pokemon formula so I quickly figured out how to do all that.

4/5 for me
Old 12-06-2013, 10:39 AM

Okay, played about one hour and so far I'm luke-warm, but in the warm zone.

There's a huge amount of monsters and it's interesting to catch and train new ones.

The battles could be faster and the menu is sluggish and unresponsive at times. I experienced some bugs, like my character switching its looks or stuck walking in one direction and yeah basically, the movement could be improved greatly.

I've seen some iAP, but didn't bother just yet - I guess you can get all things in-game without paying further?

It has a lot of potential and I'll keep playing - It fills the desire of a Pokémon game on iOS for now and if you're able to look past its flaws.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:23 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Thank you both for the feedback, I will try to improve the movement then!
About the iAPs, it buys tokens, that can be used to mostly buy cosmetic stuff, like a potion to change color of monsters, a bicycle that helps moving faster or potions to level up faster. All other content is acessible without paying