★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Rocket Runner by Killer Minnow $0.99 -> FREE

12-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Rocket Runner by Killer Minnow $0.99 -> FREE

Game Center: sink_or_swim
12-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Is this 100% completable in a reasonable amount of time without the coin doubler and iap consumable coins? Please no hate for asking.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.

12-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Is this 100% completable in a reasonable amount of time without the coin doubler and iap consumable coins? Please no hate for asking.
lol

Cue the, "If you get it for free, you have no right complaining" posts...

DBC

I could never give up.
12-02-2013, 03:09 PM
I was hoping to avoid that. 190+ views and no response to my Q though. Kind of sad. I guess I may have to take one for the team and actually play this.

-nightc1
12-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Played through the first 4 levels & tutorial. Looking through the in game store the ship upgrades are pretty expensive for the gold you earn playing a level. The cheapest upgrade is 2000 gold and all I've earned thus far is 409 gold. And that's repeating a level as well. Expect to grind a long long time if you want the upgrades or pay $$ for gold doublers (which honestly still wouldn't have me at even 1 upgrade yet or even 1/2 way to an upgrade) and some IAP consumable currency.

IMO, this is a fail and I'd recommend it be avoided. Sorry to any devs out there. I don't like being judge and jury to an app like this but it fails with it's in game store and it honestly fails as being a particularly fun game. The gameplay is fairly mediocre with some very basic/generic enemy patterns. Granted it could get better but what counts as 5/22 levels completed and I have to think if they wanted to hook anyone into a great game they already needed to do it by now.

-nightc1
12-02-2013, 04:00 PM
This game needs to be universal!
12-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Played through the first 4 levels & tutorial. Looking through the in game store the ship upgrades are pretty expensive for the gold you earn playing a level. The cheapest upgrade is 2000 gold and all I've earned thus far is 409 gold. And that's repeating a level as well. Expect to grind a long long time if you want the upgrades or pay $$ for gold doublers (which honestly still wouldn't have me at even 1 upgrade yet or even 1/2 way to an upgrade) and some IAP consumable currency.

IMO, this is a fail and I'd recommend it be avoided. Sorry to any devs out there. I don't like being judge and jury to an app like this but it fails with it's in game store and it honestly fails as being a particularly fun game. The gameplay is fairly mediocre with some very basic/generic enemy patterns. Granted it could get better but what counts as 5/22 levels completed and I have to think if they wanted to hook anyone into a great game they already needed to do it by now.
Just saw your query here today, and well, in the main thread for this game, how grindy it is was mentioned a few times.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Just saw your query here today, and well, in the main thread for this game, how grindy it is was mentioned a few times.
I should have researched a bit, but I kind of was just hoping someone would help out and save me some trouble. If nothing else maybe I saved someone from wasting a few minutes on this now or next time it goes free (if it does again and this threa is recycled). The grind is one issue, gameplay being pretty bad is another.
12-03-2013, 02:07 AM
Love the game too much, it's funny. But sometimes it's crashed in my device.

Pine Entertainment
12-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to muradakhter
Looks like a great game but at 90+ MB eats up a little too much space for a title that's not Universal.