Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-02-2013, 07:03 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Radial Runner by Team Phobic [Universal]

Old 12-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

While admittedly this looks like it could be cool, how many Super Hexagon-ish runners do we need?
Old 12-02-2013, 07:17 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Looks good. Reminds me of SH, but the existence of a scoring system and the wave count suggests something new.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:19 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
While admittedly this looks like it could be cool, how many Super Hexagon-ish runners do we need?
I hope there are fresh mechanics added in to keep things interesting and tell itself apart from SH. For one, that scoring mechanic looks promising... i hope it's a bit complex like in score-based shmups.

EDIT: Downloading now.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Hey everyone! Glad you found it, we've already got an update in the works that should get submitted tomorrow that ads some more polish and a few small bug fixes.

This was a fun little game for us to make, a few guys on the team made it in a little over 2 weeks so lets us know what you think!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:52 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I was right... this is pretty different mostly due to the scoring mechanics, which i really like. It is obviously SH-inspired though.

As far as controls go, this has the accuracy of Boson X where a tap is moving one segment either clockwise or counter clockwise.

The mechanics:
1. Your avatar is the Yellow(!) Block.
2. Pick up/hit Blue Blocks to increase your score. Value of score is affected by the "Wave Count"
3. Pick up/hit Green Blocks to move one step forward going outwards, and getting 3 Green blocks will get you outside the yellow line. Going outside the yellow line will "wave-up" (used loosely here as similar to levelling up), and return your yellow block to the innermost circle. The more you wave-up, picking up blue blocks will yield higher scores.
4. Touching Red Blocks will take you to the game over screen.

That's basically it, and it's a pretty good scoring mechanic in my opinion.

On the downside, the blocks dont move inward seamlessly and smoothly. Instead, they instantly move (or for lack of easier terms, "teleport") from outer circle to the next inner circle to the next, etc. (similar to how things move in Game N Watch games), and it messes up the visual cues for me as to where i should be going.

Maybe if the blocks were actually animated to move from one outer circle to the next inner circle (like sliding from outer circle to the next), it would be so much better.

The scoring mechanics are pretty neat, but the execution makes it unnecessarily difficult. Maybe if someone can come up with a video, you'll know what i mean.

The visuals look nice and crisp, but im not a fan of the blinky movement of the blocks.

Maybe some will like the blinking block movement, but for me, i think the block movements could be better.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 12-02-2013 at 07:54 PM..
Old 12-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I was right... this is pretty different mostly due to the scoring mechanics, which i really like. It is obviously SH-inspired though.

As far as controls go, this has the accuracy of Boson X where a tap is moving one segment either clockwise or counter clockwise.

The mechanics:
1. Your avatar is the Yellow(!) Block.
2. Pick up/hit Blue Blocks to increase your score. Value of score is affected by the "Wave Count"
3. Pick up/hit Green Blocks to move one step forward going outwards, and getting 3 Green blocks will get you outside the yellow line. Going outside the yellow line will "wave-up" (used loosely here as similar to levelling up), and return your yellow block to the innermost circle. The more you wave-up, picking up blue blocks will yield higher scores.
4. Touching Red Blocks will take you to the game over screen.

That's basically it, and it's a pretty good scoring mechanic in my opinion.

On the downside, the blocks dont move inward seamlessly and smoothly. Instead, they instantly move (or for lack of easier terms, "teleport") from outer circle to the next inner circle to the next, etc. (similar to how things move in Game N Watch games), and it messes up the visual cues for me as to where i should be going.

Maybe if the blocks were actually animated to move from one outer circle to the next inner circle (like sliding from outer circle to the next), it would be so much better.

The scoring mechanics are pretty neat, but the execution makes it unnecessarily difficult. Maybe if someone can come up with a video, you'll know what i mean.

The visuals look nice and crisp, but im not a fan of the blinky movement of the blocks.

Maybe some will like the blinking block movement, but for me, i think the block movements could be better.
Can't tell from reading all this whether you highly recommend this or not.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:49 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Can't tell from reading all this whether you highly recommend this or not.
If it helps, i played it a bit more and decided to delete it for now.

There are things i like about it, but the main gist of things didnt go well for me.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
If it helps, i played it a bit more and decided to delete it for now.

There are things i like about it, but the main gist of things didnt go well for me.
Thanks.