★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Lords of Midnight by Chilli Hugger [Universal] $4.99 > $0.99

12-03-2013, 06:07 AM
The Lords of Midnight by Chilli Hugger [Universal] $4.99 > $0.99

https://itunes.apple.com/app/the-lords-of-midnight/id583644181?mt=

Main thread.

Touch Arcade review.

Metro GameCentral review.

Last edited by Andy C83; 12-03-2013 at 06:18 AM.
12-03-2013, 06:42 AM
ACCOUNT CLOSED: Officially Quit iOS Gaming
I had this on my Speccy but even though I played it a bit, I had no idea what I was doing.

Didn't buy this at launch as I expected to be the same ie not understanding it.

But at this price, I'll have it!

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15

12-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
I had this on my Speccy but even though I played it a bit, I had no idea what I was doing.

Didn't buy this at launch as I expected to be the same ie not understanding it.

But at this price, I'll have it!
Welcome to the Not Understanding Lords of Midnight Club. I'll be the Treasurer and you can be the chairman...
12-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
Welcome to the Not Understanding Lords of Midnight Club. I'll be the Treasurer and you can be the chairman...
Add me as the Seargent At Arms.
12-03-2013, 11:49 AM
I'm watching a gameplay video and... Is this game mute or my speakers are not working? I like the art style, tough.

Last edited by Pipipitchu; 12-03-2013 at 11:53 AM.
12-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Can anyone explain the gameplay?

GC: UnSurreal
12-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Card View Post
Can anyone explain the gameplay?
I can try, even though I've not played it all that much. But it boils down to you moving all of your different characters a certain distance each day. When it reaches nightfall for that character, they are done for the day and you can switch to another lord and do their actions for the day, so they are all moving at the same time, even though you are taking their turns one at a time. Then after tou have moved everyone for the day, you tell the game to progress and it will move the enemies, then it will be your turn again on the following day.

As you move each lord (you start with four), they can encounter towns, ruins, enemies, armies or even other lords to recruit toward your cause, or other things. Some lords you want to have adventuring by themselves, such as Morkin, who is on a quest to destroy the Ice Crown. Others, you want to have gather armies under their command to hold back the forces of Doomdark.

You can win the game by either defeating all the enemy armies, or destroying the Ice Crown. Or you can go for the "epic" victory of achieving both.
12-03-2013, 01:14 PM
All the text at the beginning seems a bit overwhelming in that font, but watching some of the rest of the video combined with reading MrMojoRisin's post has me actually interested in this and understanding what's going on. It makes sense that it's a sort of first person perspective turn based strategy rpg type game. I think I could get on board with that.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.
12-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
I can try, even though I've not played it all that much. But it boils down to you moving all of your different characters a certain distance each day. When it reaches nightfall for that character, they are done for the day and you can switch to another lord and do their actions for the day, so they are all moving at the same time, even though you are taking their turns one at a time. Then after tou have moved everyone for the day, you tell the game to progress and it will move the enemies, then it will be your turn again on the following day.

As you move each lord (you start with four), they can encounter towns, ruins, enemies, armies or even other lords to recruit toward your cause, or other things. Some lords you want to have adventuring by themselves, such as Morkin, who is on a quest to destroy the Ice Crown. Others, you want to have gather armies under their command to hold back the forces of Doomdark.

You can win the game by either defeating all the enemy armies, or destroying the Ice Crown. Or you can go for the "epic" victory of achieving both.
This is more or less how I feel. Kinda like an epic RPG/first person/choose your own adventure game with multiple characters. The game feels overwhelming at first (and still for me), but the more I play and discover, the more epic the world feels.

While not in the same genre, this game and King of the Dragon Pass are two awesome games that's pretty overwhelming, but has a ton of content to discover if given the time and patience. I only play these games once or twice each year due to the amount of time I need to dedicate to this..but I can see myself playing these games till I retired and still not discover everything.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
12-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Alright, bought! Looking forward to digging into this .

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.