Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 12-03-2013, 08:34 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default How can you review a game from a code?

I've run onto this several times now.
If I try to leave a review for a game that I've gotten with a code, it says that I haven't bought or downloaded the game and can't leave a review for it. It says "open" right next to the title in the store, but it stubbornly refuses to let me rate or review the game.
Is there a workaround for this, am I doing something wrong, or is it just impossible to do?
Old 12-03-2013, 08:38 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer1st View Post
I've run onto this several times now.
If I try to leave a review for a game that I've gotten with a code, it says that I haven't bought or downloaded the game and can't leave a review for it. It says "open" right next to the title in the store, but it stubbornly refuses to let me rate or review the game.
Is there a workaround for this, am I doing something wrong, or is it just impossible to do?
I do t think it's possible to leave reviews on iTunes when the game hasn't been purchased. If it's agame I like then I delete the promo install and purchase the game. I can then support the dev and and also leave a review.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:45 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

It's not possible to review using a promo code, or else the devs can just claim their own promo codes and put 5-stars on all their reviews.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:38 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
I do t think it's possible to leave reviews on iTunes when the game hasn't been purchased. If it's agame I like then I delete the promo install and purchase the game. I can then support the dev and and also leave a review.
No you can't do that too though you have hide the app from your purchased history. I've tried that, it looks like you can buy the game again but actually it's not. I ever do that but Apple never charged my credit card for doing that and it keep saying if you don't own the game. That's why if you want to support the developer, you can gift the app to your family/ friend then ask them to leave reviews or don't use the code and buy the app which you want to support

Last edited by copaeci; 12-03-2013 at 09:40 AM..
Old 12-03-2013, 10:10 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by copaeci View Post
No you can't do that too though you have hide the app from your purchased history. I've tried that, it looks like you can buy the game again but actually it's not. I ever do that but Apple never charged my credit card for doing that and it keep saying if you don't own the game. That's why if you want to support the developer, you can gift the app to your family/ friend then ask them to leave reviews or don't use the code and buy the app which you want to support
Was going to say the same thing. You cannot purchase the same game twice on an account, no ifs or buts, and that includes promo code installation.

Only way around it is gifting, or using another account.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:45 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Yeah, i got it wrong, just checked the history and , I've used my husbands account to purchase items that I've used a code for, or I've gifted him and thought I'd purchased on mine.
They let you redeem more than one codes for the same game though as I've done this on mine and my daughters device (she shares my account) so you'd think they'd let you repurchase apps when the original has come from a code.