★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[ANDROID only] Carcassonne, $5 --> FREE! On Amazon App store.

12-03-2013, 09:55 AM
#1
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,866
[ANDROID only] Carcassonne, $5 --> FREE! On Amazon App store.

This is too good of a deal for board game fans not to post, though I'm not sure this is the right place for it. There's an Android forum, but no Android deals forum, so here goes...

Amazon's free Android app of the day is Carcassonne! The link, since appinfo won't work for Android apps:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0081SRJSY

Just about any Android device can install and use the Amazon app store, so if you haven't done this already and want this game, definitely check it out.
12-03-2013, 10:00 AM
#2
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: AL
Posts: 4,361
Thanks for the heads up. I'll tell my kids. They have kindle fire devices.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.

12-03-2013, 10:15 AM
#3
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Wow that's a bargain if your on android (which I'm not )
12-03-2013, 01:01 PM
#4
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,125
Thanks for the post. Really wish I knew of a site that's like toucharcade but for android devices, I'm probably missing a ton of sales for my phone (note 2).
12-03-2013, 01:06 PM
#5
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Maine!
Posts: 4,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
This is too good of a deal for board game fans not to post, though I'm not sure this is the right place for it. There's an Android forum, but no Android deals forum, so here goes...

Amazon's free Android app of the day is Carcassonne! The link, since appinfo won't work for Android apps:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0081SRJSY

Just about any Android device can install and use the Amazon app store, so if you haven't done this already and want this game, definitely check it out.
That is complete insanity!

I'm not even certain many will properly grasp what they're getting for free... Yikes!

DBC

I could never give up.
12-03-2013, 01:37 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
That is complete insanity!

I'm not even certain many will properly grasp what they're getting for free... Yikes!

DBC
It's not the same as the app we have on iOS. That's why ours is $10 (and the developer has vowed to never drop the price) and theirs is only $5 usually.
12-03-2013, 01:46 PM
#7
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
It's not the same as the app we have on iOS. That's why ours is $10 (and the developer has vowed to never drop the price) and theirs is only $5 usually.
Well, not sure of the differences. But the iOS version did go on sale once back in 2010 for $4.99. I actually think I bought it then.

And the Android version actually includes "The River II" expansion. I'll have to see how it plays. No longer have it on my phone, but will be nice to have on my Android tablet.

Last edited by awp69; 12-03-2013 at 02:26 PM.
12-03-2013, 03:00 PM
#8
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,520
So android can use amazon store too? That is cool!
12-03-2013, 03:08 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Ankh-Morpork
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Well, not sure of the differences. But the iOS version did go on sale once back in 2010 for $4.99. I actually think I bought it then.
To clarify this a bit, when the developers said "no sale", they meant it. Carcassonne for iOS has never been on sale: it started off at a lower price point and stayed there until the app became universal at the end of 2010, at which point it shifted to the current price.

Can't hug every cat.
12-03-2013, 03:50 PM
#10
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
To clarify this a bit, when the developers said "no sale", they meant it. Carcassonne for iOS has never been on sale: it started off at a lower price point and stayed there until the app became universal at the end of 2010, at which point it shifted to the current price.
Sorry, I had just looked it up and remember my teenage son had bought it and didn't remember it being $9.99. So looked through AppZapp and it's actually a little strange. It went from $4.99 to $9.99 then back to $4.99 and up to $9.99 again -- all in the same day. He might have gotten it before it went universal.

No matter. It obviously has stayed steady since then (although was $10.99 for a brief period).


EDIT: Oh and I found the main big difference between the Android and iOS versions --- there's only local multiplayer on Android. Still not a bad pick up for free.

Last edited by awp69; 12-03-2013 at 03:55 PM.