★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Dr. Awesome or Dropship?

12-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Dr. Awesome or Dropship?

I want to get them both but Im saving for Rolando so I can only get one. Awesome looks like it would be pretty fun for a while but would get boring. Im not sure what exactly to think about Dropship, nice graphics but no idea what the gameplay would be like.

Which is better?
12-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopoly View Post
I want to get them both but Im saving for Rolando so I can only get one. Awesome looks like it would be pretty fun for a while but would get boring. Im not sure what exactly to think about Dropship, nice graphics but no idea what the gameplay would be like.

Which is better?
Dude. Go with Dropship its so freaking fun. The controls are ass kicking and other developers should learn from Ngmoco (like a certain developer of Bugdom 2) This is how games should be made with the touch screen of iphone and touch.

fyi I have both and haven't put down Dropship. I even played it at work today. Hope the month end closing of the books is right.

Last edited by radchad1; 12-11-2008 at 10:35 PM.

12-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Dropship is much more of a "game," while Awesome is a lot of fun, but more a time waster. So if you are looking for a somewhat substantial gaming experience (money goes in my inbox ngmoco) I would go Dropship.
12-11-2008, 10:36 PM
You cant just pick one, get both. Pick whichever one interests you more and buy it now, but then when you get an itunes card or something for christmas then buy the other.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
12-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Dropship
12-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
You cant just pick one, get both. Pick whichever one interests you more and buy it now, but then when you get an itunes card or something for christmas then buy the other.
Yea I agree. They're both great games!
12-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Dropship hands down.
12-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Well, I was hoping to love Dropship, but I just don't. It's OK, but the controls are hard as crap to figure out at first, and after that, the levels are way too easy. It took me around 15 minutes to beat the first 10 levels or so. Dropship looks awesome and everything, but I just don't like it as much as Dr. Awesome.

I have a lot of names in my contacts, so it's fun playing the game and seeing that I have to save some of my closest friends and family. A few times I will (accidentally or purposefully) let my friends "expire" and it is just lots of fun. At first, I was worried that it only has tilt controls. But, the controls are just so accurate, it's worth it. Another thing I worried about is the replay value. I'll admit, the games don't really vary from one another after a while, but I've been playing it at least 4+ hours now, and I think I got my money's worth out of it.

I'd go with Dr. Awesome. It's just plain fun saving/killing your friends! (and sometimes you don't save them and I think it's funny to show my friends that I let them die, haha).

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-11-2008, 10:50 PM
I vote Dr. Awesome. It's more user friendly, and has longer lasting appeal I feel like.