★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Beach Rush is OUT

08-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Beach Rush is OUT

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 6.png
Views:	4
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	6075

[iTunes Link] ($0.99)

By CrowdCafé, the people who made Bubblehead.

Quote:
Beach Rush is a frantic chaos management game for iPhone & iPod touch with fantastic stop motion animation and addicting one–more–go gameplay. Become the wind master and get swimmers home before the sharks get them down! Very simple, yet amazingly addicting.
http://beachrush.crowdcafe.com

back

Last edited by Prab; 08-06-2009 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Added more info
08-06-2009, 12:37 AM

Last edited by Devilishly Good; 08-06-2009 at 12:46 AM.

08-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Thanks to you three

Now I need a TOFTT'er

back
08-06-2009, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
Now I need a TOFTT'er
+1 ...hope to see some impressions when I get up tomorrow
08-06-2009, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
Thanks to you three

Now I need a TOFTT'er
Lol at least someone noticed
08-06-2009, 12:58 AM
so tempted! Any impressions?

How nice are the graphics?

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
08-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Okay I'll TOFTT Impressions in a bit

Edit:
My impressions:
  1. I was expecting the water to be moving or something but its static. Having said that, the graphics is still pretty good. The people on the boats wobble around and the people in floats wave their hands around to paddle
  2. The soundtrack has an 80's dance vibe to it. Pretty nice and upbeat.
  3. The sound effects on the other hand is pretty wacky. So you either love it or hate it. It has sounds of people shouting: horay, HOORAAAYY, uhuk, Wooo!, Yipee!, etc. There is an option to turn off sound effects but not the music though
  4. Gameplay is pretty nice. Basically you swipe to move the people to the 3 spots on the beach. This swipe to game mechanic is very similar to Parachute Panic.
  5. There are 3 different groups of people to save. Each group must be brought to a specific spot on the beach. There are the boating people, the floating people and the rafting people.
  6. The challenge comes in avoiding the sharks (they look more like really fat fish actually lol). You have 3 lives. If a person touches a shark, you lose 1 life. If a person touches another person, they just bump at each other and move in opposite directions.
  7. When a new person is about the enter the screen, an icon comes up and a brief Blup! sound effect is heard.
  8. No online leaderboard. Local scoreboard only tracks your last score and best score.
  9. No pause menu (as far as I can tell). So phone calls does not pause your game. When your phone call ends, the game sounds also become absent.

So all-in-all, this is a pretty interesting game:
  • Parachute Panic mechanic
  • Three kinds of units, each having to reach three different destionation a la Flight Control.
  • Units (people) bumping into each other don't make you lose lives. People getting eaten by sharks does (the sharks acts as moving obstacles)

Recommended for people who like Flight Control / Harbor master like games, but looking for a different kind of challenge. The only downside is that its not really a finished game (no pause menu, no online leaderboards).

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

Last edited by Prab; 08-06-2009 at 01:31 AM.
08-06-2009, 01:29 AM
Hopefully if enough people by this game, we can get more maps etc (just like how Harbor Master keeps adding new levels). I can imagine whirlpools, etc

08-06-2009, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the great impressions

I was really hoping for animated water too. =/

back
08-06-2009, 01:47 AM
I just realized one problem in the game:

Sometimes a shark is near the edge of the screen at the exact same spot a person is about to pop up. You cant move the fish (for obvious reasons), and you also cant move the person (since he's not on the screen yet).

This becomes a hopeless lose-one-life situation