★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Mini Golf Wacky Worlds is now $0.99

08-06-2009, 12:41 AM
Mini Golf Wacky Worlds is now $0.99

Mini Golf Wacky Worlds
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=324021811&mt=8

Grab your club and tee off in a fantasy mini-golf game that is out of this world!

Practice putting and sink shots on four different worlds with original courses that will surprise you at every hole. Have you ever played golf on a volcano? Customize your character and upgrade your clubs to get a better score and keep on swinging for a hole in one.

FOUR WACKY WORLDS
Explore the wackiest courses ever imagined for an ultimate mini golf experience. Float on islands in the sky, dodge volcanoes in the sea, slip and slide on the ice, and jump over rivers of melted cheese!

DIVERSE AND CREATIVE MINI GOLF EXPERIENCE
Play through 36 uniquely different holes with interactive scenery and striking 3D graphics. Play around giant mushrooms, rivers of lava, snowy beasts, and lumps of cheese. Watch out for these dynamic obstacles and be sure to knock out all the gophers in Gopher Mode.

FOUR CUSTOMIZABLE CHARACTERS
Visit the pro shop to upgrade your equipment, personalize your characters and buy better clubs, like the Gyrohop Mark III and the Robosteer 1000!

SHOW OFF YOUR SWING
Touch and tilt to control the ball and earn up to 15 achievements to unlock courses and show off to your friends.

Video of Preview build at E3

Youtube link | Pop Up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mg1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	6071   Click image for larger version

Name:	mg2.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	6072   Click image for larger version

Name:	mg3.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	6073  

Click image for larger version

Name:	mg4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	6074  

Last edited by dizzle12; 08-06-2009 at 01:22 AM. Reason: added youtube video
08-06-2009, 12:42 AM
wow everything's coming out tonight. I was waiting for this one for a while.

08-06-2009, 12:44 AM
bought, TOFTT...
08-06-2009, 01:15 AM
so far so good, as in really really good, and that applies to everything about the game. Best mini golf game in the store, no contest. Will be back with detail and more after I have a chance to play other modes.
08-06-2009, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
so far so good, as in really really good, and that applies to everything about the game. Best mini golf game in the store, no contest. Will be back with detail and more after I have a chance to play other modes.
Is it touch controlled or accelerometer controlled?

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
08-06-2009, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecebn View Post
Is it touch controlled or accelerometer controlled?
Touch controls so far. I havent used the accelerometer for anything.

I've only played one mode so far, "Tee Off" I'm about to check out the other 2 modes. Very enjoyable game.
08-06-2009, 01:30 AM
Quote:

I've only played one mode so far, "Tee Off" I'm about to check out the other 2 modes. Very enjoyable game.
Awesome- thanks

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
08-06-2009, 01:39 AM
If there was a versus mode and online then this game would be absolutely perfect. Glu seriously needs to consider adding those in an update.
08-06-2009, 01:57 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Quote:

Thank god. I played a different Mini Golf that was only terrible because of the accelerometer based controls.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
08-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Ok, as of right now I'm going to give this game a 9/10. There is so many things about this game to praise. I hope Albie picks this one up because its certainly worth one of his "novel" reviews.

Wonderful presentation, good fitting music, great gameplay with nice touch controls. Nice menus, tutorial. Good graphics. Superb level design(courses) A nice camera "course view" to pan around each course(fast-forward and rewind as many times as you want and get a better look), 4 different camera views.
A nice point system to buy upgrades, items, and unlock characters. No technical issues on my 3GS, quick load times.
3 modes of gameplay-
1. Tee Off!- Untimed, complete each hole in par or less, gain points for doing so.
2. Timed Golf- No par in timed mode, just complete each hole before time runs out. Remaining time converted to points.
3. Gopher Golf- Same as Tee Golf! but there are gophers that pop up on the courses. If they are in the way you have to knock them out with strong shots. Otherwise a gopher can grab a ball hit their way and put it into another hole which isnt a good thing.

All the modes have the same courses

Here is what I'd like to see added to the game (update)...

a mode versus the computer
"online vs" multiplayer

Overall an excellent game, easily worth the current price.

Last edited by freedog; 08-06-2009 at 02:39 AM.