MmpApps - No, really, they're worth a look

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by LordGek, Dec 4, 2013.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hey Gang,

MmpApps Corporation (no clue if it is even more than a single developer, but whatever) has been churning out mostly free apps for at least the last three years if not longer. They're mostly banner ad sponsored and fairly low production value, but, by golly, if a fan especially of Cribbage or Poker, they're worth looking into. The coolest trend they've started fairly recently (possibly helped by my incessant nagging to please consider) is to put some of they're zillion games into little themed collections.

So again if a fan of the million ways one can work poker or cribbage mechanics into cute little original games, give them a checkout, it won't cost you anything but your time:

http://www.appshopper.com/search/?cat=all&device=all&platform=all&search=&searchdev=400209427&sort=update&dir=desc

2. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Pimping this line of games again. Low budget freeware, to be sure, but still some original ideas. No dev has ever done so many interesting variants based around the core mechanics of both Poker and Cribbage.

3. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Quite a lot!! Are there a few that you would especially recommend?

4. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Well that all depends on what's your poison. First tell me, are you looking for a Dice, Poker, Cribbage, or Word based collection of games?

5. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I tried Best of Word Games and now scrolling through the list :)eek:) for some others. Been craving for some word games and now my cup runneth over. Thanks for the post!

6. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I've found the best bet was to search 'mmpapps collection' and grab away!