★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Nightmare: Malaria drops you into the bloodstream of a young girl infected with malaria. Can you make it out alive?

- Survive 18 levels of fever-dream visuals through two worlds: Blood and Brain.
- Save the stranded teddy bears on every level to advance.
- Avoid killer mosquitoes using your wits and the safety of mosquito nets.
- Featuring the voice of Academy Award-winner Susan Sarandon.
- First iOS game created by Emmy award-winning studio Psyop.
- Completely Free! No in-app purchases.

In support of raising awareness and funds to battle malaria, Emmy award-winning production company Psyop created Nightmare: Malaria, it's first game for iOS, through a partnership with the Against Malaria Foundation (AMF), ranked the #1 most effective charity by Give Well, The Life You Can Save and Giving What We Can.

*** Please Submit any bug reports to feedback@psyop.tv and we'll contact you in order to discover and resolve the issue ***

jordanHarveyVFX's comments:
The game is free to play! It offers some very challenging gameplay!

http://nightmare.againstmalaria.com/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nightmare-malaria/id741194411?mt=8

Nightmare: Malaria drops you into the bloodstream of a young girl infected with malaria. Can you make it out alive?

- Survive 18 levels of fever-dream visuals through two worlds: Blood and Brain.
- Save the stranded teddy bears on every level to advance.
- Avoid killer mosquitoes using your wits and the safety of mosquito nets.
- Featuring the voice of Academy Award-winner Susan Sarandon.
- First iOS game created by Emmy award-winning studio Psyop.

In support of raising awareness and funds to battle malaria, Emmy award-winning production company Psyop created Nightmare: Malaria, it's first game for Android, through a partnership with the Against Malaria Foundation (AMF), ranked the #1 most effective charity by Give Well, The Life You Can Save and Giving What We Can.

http://nightmare.againstmalaria.com/

12-04-2013, 07:36 PM

12-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Whoa, out of nowhere

This looks so good. Is there any IAP? Is this free with a full game unlock?
12-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Whoa, out of nowhere

This looks so good. Is there any IAP? Is this free with a full game unlock?
I think it's completely free to raise awareness of malaria in hopes that you'll donate to charity.
12-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I think it's completely free to raise awareness of malaria in hopes that you'll donate to charity.
Yeah I'm playing now. Definitely full free, and there's a screen asking you to donate $3 after each level. Art style is wonderful, controls are great, and the level design is weird and atmospheric.
12-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Initial impression: art style/music/cause is amazing, however the controls and physics feel very floaty and slow, which can make for aggravating, frustrating gameplay at times.

Last edited by coderkid; 12-05-2013 at 12:56 AM.
12-04-2013, 11:19 PM
This is such a great concept. Great game that is informative with an important message. The iap is reasonable and respectable. I will be donating and would love to see more developers do this. Love how dark the game is too.
12-05-2013, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotally View Post
This is such a great concept. Great game that is informative with an important message. The iap is reasonable and respectable. I will be donating and would love to see more developers do this. Love how dark the game is too.
Coming from someone with the username of scrotally, I couldn't help but snicker

That said, it didn't negate the awesomeness of your comment. A friend I used to work with travelled to Africa and had to take extreme measures to prevent getting malaria. She had extreme hallucinations and was even pregnant at the time, so she was limited to very specific drugs that, while safe for her baby, had incredibly terrible side effects.

All that to help. $3 to help against something most of the western world figures is "nothing" really isn't much.
12-05-2013, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
Starting to get a little tired of Silhouette artwork. It's fantastic, as is the Holy Grail of silhouette, Limbo, but it's starting to become redundant.

Nothing against the game, haven't even played it... Just sayin'.
Almost every game with shadowy artwork has limbo mentioned in threads about it, I don't get it, was limbo the first game to use this style of artwork or something? Or maybe the first to do it successfully? Not trying to be arsey it's just when I see these dark artwork games limbo isn't often the game I think of (lad bng an exception)
12-05-2013, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Coming from someone with the username of scrotally, I couldn't help but snicker

That said, it didn't negate the awesomeness of your comment. A friend I used to work with travelled to Africa and had to take extreme measures to prevent getting malaria. She had extreme hallucinations and was even pregnant at the time, so she was limited to very specific drugs that, while safe for her baby, had incredibly terrible side effects.

All that to help. $3 to help against something most of the western world figures is "nothing" really isn't much.
Hey! Having a comedically superior name shouldn't disqualify me as the most brilliant human on earth. That statement does though. Scary story about your friend. Luckily, all we westerners typically need to worry about is an upset stomach from malaria pills when traveling to tropical regions. There is a reason why it is usually the main precaution taken when visiting such places. I'd much rather be pestered by a worthy cause that is creatively woven into a cool game then iap's that are essentially just missing pieces of a game.

Last edited by scrotally; 12-05-2013 at 04:38 AM.