Support our Sponsors:

Old 12-05-2013, 08:31 AM

Default cyro

Old 12-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

This game is awesome. It's like if someone took the idea of Duet's constant rotation and turned it into a platformer. You control a rotating bar and must maneuver it through levels, threading through gaps and navigating obstacles. The minimalist style is fantastic, controls are smooth and responsive, and only four levels in and the level design impresses.

It's free, there's no excuse not to pick this up
Old 12-05-2013, 09:16 AM

I wonder if devs actually tried this on ipad at all. Horrible control placement imho.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:20 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I don't get what the button on the right side of the screen is for. I tap it and nothing happens, it's the same as before. The game is great but I gave up at level 7
Old 12-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
I don't get what the button on the right side of the screen is for. I tap it and nothing happens, it's the same as before. The game is great but I gave up at level 7
When you hold the button, you can only horizontally and vertically. When it's released, you can move freely. This lets you move through gaps and tight spots easier
Old 12-05-2013, 09:37 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
This game is awesome. It's like if someone took the idea of Duet's constant rotation and turned it into a platformer. You control a rotating bar and must maneuver it through levels, threading through gaps and navigating obstacles. The minimalist style is fantastic, controls are smooth and responsive, and only four levels in and the level design impresses.

It's free, there's no excuse not to pick this up
I knew there was a game it reminded me of, all I could think to compare it to was Kuru Kuru Kururin and that's not exactly the most well-known comparison. Duet is quite similar as well with the style, simplicity and difficulty - good call!

Couldn't find any IAPs or ads at all, so it's very difficult not to recommend it! As for iPad controls, I didn't have any trouble but I'm not sure how much I associated difficulty controlling it with just being part of the intentional difficulty of the game but that's obviously just me.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:38 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Had to delete it because this frustrates me like no other game before. I have no idea how to get through the levels. The first 6 were "easy" but then I restarted level 7 like 100 times but I can't finish it. Same with level 8 and the first level of the pink world.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
Had to delete it because this frustrates me like no other game before. I have no idea how to get through the levels. The first 6 were "easy" but then I restarted level 7 like 100 times but I can't finish it. Same with level 8 and the first level of the pink world.
Just beat level 7, took 58 seconds. I found the key here was timing and waiting for the proper orientation. Also holding the button down restricts you to moving directly horizontally and vertically. This is critical for getting through the gaps.

Also it's important to plan ahead. When you're shown the entire level, it's best to take a moment and look for the best path, because there are dead ends and less optimal routes
Old 12-05-2013, 10:47 AM

Finished the first world but can't see myself progressing much further. Too twitchy and frustrating for my liking. I'm sure lots of people will love it though...
Old 12-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Okay, here's a tip that helped me understand the button's function. You know the v stick that you use to move?

Watch it when you hold the button. Holding it down, the v stick become a d pad. So you can simply hold right and move right with moving up or down. With the v stick you can curve; with the d pad you can maneuver better through straight gaps.