★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: li xiang
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 16.5 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "The best kids matching game!"
-magicalgamestudios.com

"Let's challenge your intelligence and fingers!"
-magicalgamestudios.com

"Give children and girl the best gift!"
-magicalgamestudios.com

But if you think it's just fot kid's, be ready for real surprise. Check out the reviews below.

* Watch the video at the MagicalGameStudios.com *
* or search "iMagicBubble" in Youtube *

***story***
In the ocean far far away, there is a beautiful island named Yatis floating in the air. Many small elves live there happily. One day, a wicked witch comes to the island. She is looking into the gemstones on the island for long time, so she bewitches the elves who are guarding the gemstones. She hems them in magic bubbles. Finally, the little girl Jenna uses various magic to beat the witch and rescues the elf.

***instruction***
There are over 200 rounds in the game which have been divided into 4 chapters. They are: island in the air, Maya's secret, gemstone mine, magic forest. Each chapter has 50 rounds. The difficulty will be increasing with the rounds. The big boss of each chapter is a monster incarnated from the witch. It will challenge the player's intelligence to defeat the witch to enter the next round. There are some hidden missions with bonus.

***how to play***
Continue to click two bubbles of the same elf will rescue a pair of elves. Every round will begin with some elf' bubble. And the witch will add the bubbles randomly, and bubbles will fall down randomly. The player will release all the bubbles in a limited time to get the round through.
Click a pair of bubble +100 scores
Click faulty bubbles -100 scores
Continue to rescue 5 times will have 1000 scores for bonus
Continue to rescue the same elf twice, the scores by 2, until click the different elf
Continue to rescue the same elf three times, the scores by 3, until click the different elf
Falling down a pair of bubbles randomly -100 scores
Succeed to get through the round; the rest time will change to score by 100
Fail once, life -1, when life comes to 0, game over.
Click the tip property once, the player will get a cue of one pair of bubbles.
Continual fault for 3 times will get frozen or dark bubbles.

***properties***
Time A: 5 seconds additional
Time B: 10 seconds additional
Life: plus 1 life value
Tips: plus 1 tip
Bomb: bomb explodes; remove 3 pairs of bubbles randomly. If there are no more than 3 pairs of bubbles, the player will get through the round.
Poison: Reduce 1 life value
Retardation A: slow down the time for 5 seconds
Retardation B: slow down the time for 10 seconds
Freezing: picture will be frozen for 5 seconds, the player cannot rescue any elf during freezing.
Darkness: there's only one big transparent bubble, other parts will be in darkness, last for 5 seconds.
Random: any one of the above properties is unknown

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
Lite version now available: iMagicBubble Lite

======================

Youtube link | Pop Up

08-06-2009, 02:56 AM
Ok it looks decent but what is it? A puzzle game? The description is more of a translation than a description.

08-06-2009, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
Ok it looks decent but what is it? A puzzle game? The description is more of a translation than a description.
Thats exactly what I was wondering. Hope someone will TOFTT and clear it up for the rest of us ordinary folks
08-06-2009, 03:32 AM
Ah. What the hell. I bought it. Impressions in a minute
08-06-2009, 03:56 AM
Looking forward to your first impressions
08-06-2009, 03:58 AM
The only thing you should know - it aint worth your dollar

Its a match 2 similar bubbles to pop them up game. The screen is over crowded and things didnt look as good as it looked in the pics. Especially the smaller bubbles looked really bad.

Too much going on the screen here. Within the first ten seconds an annoying buzzer starts sounding and it stays on for the rest of the game until you loose. The buzzer is for notifying which bubble is going to be lost, in case you dont pop it in time. Loose too many bubbles and you loose the game. Also some of the bubbles are really tiny and it`s hard to pinpoint them from behind the big bubbles and pop them so that annoying buzer will shut up atleast

There are special bubbles like bomb and extra-time etc. Popping them leads to another problem. Their after effects (like a big WOW or lots of small bubbles appearing when you get a special bubble) fill up the screen for the next couple of seconds making it even harder to see what is going on in the game.

The game is basically for kids only. I seriously doubt if anyone else could really enjoy this game. If anyone is still interested, then it seems there would be a lite version very soon as the main screen shows "Full Version" on the top right. So stay away until u try out the lite dirst.

Still I m not that disappointed as I m pretty sure my 3 year old will get some mileage out of it. Otherwise, not recommended at all even if you have a small kid at home. 2 out of 5 as far as ratings go.
08-06-2009, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
The only thing you should know - it aint worth your dollar

Its a match 2 similar bubbles to pop them up game. The screen is over crowded and things didnt look as good as it looked in the pics. Especially the smaller bubbles looked really bad.

Too much going on the screen here. Within the first ten seconds an annoying buzzer starts sounding and it stays on for the rest of the game until you loose. The buzzer is for notifying which bubble is going to be lost, in case you dont pop it in time. Loose too many bubbles and you loose the game. Also some of the bubbles are really tiny and it`s hard to pinpoint them from behind the big bubbles and pop them so that annoying buzer will shut up atleast

There are special bubbles like bomb and extra-time etc. Popping them leads to another problem. Their after effects (like a big WOW or lots of small bubbles appearing when you get a special bubble) fill up the screen for the next couple of seconds making it even harder to see what is going on in the game.

The game is basically for kids only. I seriously doubt if anyone else could really enjoy this game. If anyone is still interested, then it seems there would be a lite version very soon as the main screen shows "Full Version" on the top right. So stay away until u try out the lite dirst.

Still I m not that disappointed as I m pretty sure my 3 year old will get some mileage out of it. Otherwise, not recommended at all even if you have a small kid at home. 2 out of 5 as far as ratings go.
Oh, bummer. Well thanks for TOFTT and saving some of us without kids a dollar
08-06-2009, 04:06 AM
Yeah the game looked like it had a chance but I guess it just doesn't have the right stuff.
08-06-2009, 04:24 AM
They should have atleast made the game simpler. Right now new bubbles keep appearing at a relatively fast pace, probably faster then a 3-4year old will be able to pop them. Had it been a fixed number of bubbles per level with no new bubbles appearing(or atleast not at this fast pace), I might have recommended the game for kids atleast. But right now even I had to try twice before completing the first two levels.
08-07-2009, 02:23 AM