★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Multimedia Fusion 2 - game development engine; PWYW >$1

12-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Multimedia Fusion 2 - game development engine; PWYW >$1

Link: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The MMF series was designed to be a user-friendly yet powerful drag-and-drop game and application creation program, easily accessible to either those well-versed or inexperienced in programming.
For use on windows personal computers, Multimedia Fusion 2 is a software that allows users to "quickly" create games for multiple platforms - including iOS, Windows, Flash, etc inviting users to "learn the basics of multimedia creation within an hour." Although potentially iOS compatible, to explore games in formats other than Windows it requires an additional purchase module (~$100). Currently MF2 is available on humblebundle.com as part of a weekly "pay what you will" ($1 minimum) deal bundled with several [PC-edition] games, I assume were created with it, including Manos: Hands of Fate and Vincere Totus Astrum.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Edit: Multimedia Fusion 2 sells for $118 from it's developer Click Team on Amazon. Amazon reviews suggest it's user friendly. Link: http://www.amazon.com/Clickteam-MMF2.../dp/B000J0KP7O

Edit2: From later in this thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisguri View Post
Hey guys some of you might remember me as the developer of Vincere Totus Astrum and recently of Tiny a Trek and Noble Armada, all done with MMF2. What you may not know is I am also the vp of us operations for Clickteam, the humble bundle was my doing! I am glad to answer any questions you may have. Thought it might be worth listing some iOS games made in the tool....

Slayin
Zorbie
Megacity HD
Vincere Totus Astrum
Pocket ninjas
Take my Machete
Odd planet
Vubu

Got more if you want. All the games in the bundle are also MMF2 made. The full version of MMF2 in the bundle will make windows exe, and you can sell them commercially. We have export options for XNA, iOS, Flash And Android. Fire off your questions when ready!

Last edited by undeadcow; 12-06-2013 at 11:53 PM.
12-05-2013, 02:37 PM
I was just on the their site and saw this. Looks pretty cool and you can't beat humble bundle.

12-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
with several [PC-edition] games, I assume were created with it, including Manos: Hands of Fate and Vincere Totus Astrum.
Tried researching this a bit and Manos was built off of a modified Awesome Land engine. I don't think the games bundled have anything to do with the design studio... but I am interested in that design studio as it would make some of my ideas a little easier to bring into reality.

Thanks for the heads up on the deal.

Edit:

Further research has revealed NightSky was developed on MF2. So there's that.

EDIT2: dug more... found this page:
http://indiegamecreator.com/

Seems Awesome Land was deved on it... the engine for that was used to make Manos. NightSky (as mentioned), Realy Big Sky, and maybe others were also dev'd on that software dev kit.

Hmm...

I think resistance is futile for me on this one.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.

Last edited by nightc1; 12-05-2013 at 04:49 PM.
12-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Windows only, darn. There went my future as a successful game developer. Seriously though, thanks for sharing.
12-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Windows only, darn. There went my future as a successful game developer. Seriously though, thanks for sharing.
Haha! Exactly, man. I wish it was for Mac. I do have Windows via bootcamp, but that's such a hassle it's not even worth it. But like you said, thanks for sharing.
12-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Ah the benefits of having both PCM and Mac computers.
12-06-2013, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Ah the benefits of having both PCM and Mac computers.
Oh, almighty nightc1, how you make us green with envy! :P

But seriously, when I was younger, we had that. Then my parents moved on and converted our house to an entirely Apple-filled infrastructure. (I went with a MacBook Pro for my music).

On another note, does anyone know if I can purchase this on a Mac and then download on a PC? Strictly out of curiosity, I know it's probable.
12-06-2013, 05:22 AM
ACCOUNT CLOSED: Officially Quit iOS Gaming
Was looking at this as a way of doing some little games for myself on my iPad but it seems you can't export the games you make to an iPad unless you have a mac, I don't. Shame really.

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15
12-06-2013, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the heads up, this seems like a great solution for prototyping needs.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
—Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins—
12-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by repapermunky View Post
On another note, does anyone know if I can purchase this on a Mac and then download on a PC? Strictly out of curiosity, I know it's probable.
I don't see why not. I can log into my account (created yesterday) from my iPhone. Looks like I could complete the purchase on it so I see no reason why it wouldn't work with a Mac, iPad, kindle fire or any other device with a browser.

I'm completing my purchase today, I think it'll add the games to my purchase history an I can report back how it works from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
Was looking at this as a way of doing some little games for myself on my iPad but it seems you can't export the games you make to an iPad unless you have a mac, I don't. Shame really.
Yeah that's pretty much all iOS development outside of the Mac bubble. The middleware creates the code and then you have to compile through Xcode natively on a Mac. There are ways of taking certain PC hardware and installing OSX and creating what's termed a "Hackintosh". I think it may violate the terms of being here so I won't detail how it works but its not as hard as it sounds and you can install Xcode that way and play it. Just be prepared to dedicate a computer to it or have a separate harddrive.