Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-06-2013, 02:41 PM
MrMojoRisin MrMojoRisin is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 951
Default Any Chaos remakes or clones on iPhone or iPad?

Talking about the game where you play as wizards and cast spells at each other from a randomly generated selection that each wizard starts the game with.

I've never seen one, except for on the Spectrum emulator, but that too slavishly uses the old Speccy controls, which are archaic to say the least.

Even Android has several touch based Chaos apps. One is a remake and one is a clone.

Anything like that on iOS that I may have missed? Or anything even close? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-07-2013, 04:53 AM
dancj dancj is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 422
Default

I don't know of one - but I'm suscribing to this thread just in case someone comes up with one.

Fantastic game. I started writing a PC remake of it years ago, but I never finished it. (It was called Turmoil - and was for the Retrospec website).
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-07-2013, 10:27 PM
ScotDamn ScotDamn is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pinellas, FL
Posts: 1,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
Talking about the game where you play as wizards and cast spells at each other from a randomly generated selection that each wizard starts the game with.

I've never seen one, except for on the Spectrum emulator, but that too slavishly uses the old Speccy controls, which are archaic to say the least.

Even Android has several touch based Chaos apps. One is a remake and one is a clone.

Anything like that on iOS that I may have missed? Or anything even close? Thanks!
Not sure about anything that's out right now. I'd like to to know if one exist as well. I know the original developer is doing a remake for the PC and mobile devices called Chaos Reborn. Here's a link to his blog.

http://www.gollopgames.com/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-09-2013, 05:07 AM
MrMojoRisin MrMojoRisin is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotDamn View Post
Not sure about anything that's out right now. I'd like to to know if one exist as well. I know the original developer is doing a remake for the PC and mobile devices called Chaos Reborn. Here's a link to his blog.

http://www.gollopgames.com/
I'm totally looking forward to this. I'm on the mailing list to be notified as soon as their Kickstarter campaign starts (planned for early next year), and I'm going to insta-back it at whatever level gets you access to their beta or even alpha if possible.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-09-2013, 10:30 PM
ScotDamn ScotDamn is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pinellas, FL
Posts: 1,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
I'm totally looking forward to this. I'm on the mailing list to be notified as soon as their Kickstarter campaign starts (planned for early next year), and I'm going to insta-back it at whatever level gets you access to their beta or even alpha if possible.
For sure, I've been thinking about doing the kick starter as well. It's on my radar for sure!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-10-2013, 08:49 AM
MrMojoRisin MrMojoRisin is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotDamn View Post
For sure, I've been thinking about doing the kick starter as well. It's on my radar for sure!
Cool! So you have a PC, I assume? What's your favorite current Chaos remake? Mine is Chaos Funk, because it is the closest to the original, but with a slick mouse based interface that maked playing the game a breeze.

The same programmer made another one later called Chaos Groove, and that is fun if you like all the other options that he added to it, but sometimes less is more.

Of course Gollop is adding more, but it's his game to begin with, so I'm looking forward to where he is going to take it, wherever that is. And it looks pretty awesome so far.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-10-2013, 01:25 PM
dancj dancj is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 422
Default

I thought Chaos Funk was still unfinished?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:45 PM
MrMojoRisin MrMojoRisin is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancj View Post
I thought Chaos Funk was still unfinished?
Maybe compared to what he originally wanted to do with it (thus why he went on to make another Chaos remake with way more features, including insane customizability), but it has everything that the original Chaos had in it plus a few extra spells, I believe.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-12-2013, 01:25 PM
dancj dancj is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
Maybe compared to what he originally wanted to do with it (thus why he went on to make another Chaos remake with way more features, including insane customizability), but it has everything that the original Chaos had in it plus a few extra spells, I believe.
It might have been Chaos Groove - but I thought I've if the two was unfinished.

Of course it's entirely possible I'm talking crap.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent