★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Zlide?

08-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Zlide?

Anybody else check out Zlide?

Zlide for $0.99

I'm liking it so far as a damn original take on the Match 3 with 4 different modes of play (including an untimed infinity mode to practice up your combo skills).

My only whine? Unlike many I couldn't care less if it doesn't have online scoring but as each different game mode allows three levels of timing (a very short timer to a much more lenient one) but each game mode only has one scoreboard. As the game does nothing tricky scoring wise to make the three different timer modes competitive, those playing with the most lenient timer will get MUCH MUCH higher scores than the masochist who plays with the tightest timer. I applaud them for including the three difficulties but each difficulty needs its own scoreboard, it's that simple.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-06-2009, 09:41 AM
It looks interesting indeed.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

08-06-2009, 10:23 AM
I just heard from the dev on this issue and while he admits it isn't ideal how they're currently handling it, he'd rather avoid having an overly complicated series of high scoreboards. I, however, just thought of something I think they, in a way, already put the ground work in for. I'd love to hear if anybody else thinks I might be onto something or just going off on my own little tangent (below is my reply to the dev):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Since hitting new game currently just starts up a game according to the current settings, why not do the same with scores? You could simply have hitting scores only display the scores of the currently setup game type and timer. I mean, when you think about it, the only scores that matter are the ones for the current mode you're playing. When I'm playing Easy Classic, I really don't care about my Hard Race scores.

My iTunes Reviews
08-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up, LG! I hadn't seen this and it looks good.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
08-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Thanks for the heads up, LG! I hadn't seen this and it looks good.
I liked their Shapez so I felt pretty safe that these guys knew their puzzling games.

My iTunes Reviews
08-19-2009, 11:47 AM
ZlideFree is now available for those who want to give it a try. ZlideFree contains the full version of the classic mode.

The paid version contains 3 additional modes:
Race: No levels, just score as many points as you can in the allotted time.
Infinite: No timer. If you like to watch things explode, this one is for you.
Bust 'Em: No timer, no levels. Try to clear the board of all the pieces.

ZlideFree: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=326578397&mt=8

Zlide (paid version): http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=323910271&mt=8

Thanks for checking it out.

-Bob
RasterNoise.com
08-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbian View Post
ZlideFree is now available for those who want to give it a try. ZlideFree contains the full version of the classic mode.

The paid version contains 3 additional modes:
Race: No levels, just score as many points as you can in the allotted time.
Infinite: No timer. If you like to watch things explode, this one is for you.
Bust 'Em: No timer, no levels. Try to clear the board of all the pieces.

ZlideFree: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=326578397&mt=8

Zlide (paid version): http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=323910271&mt=8

Thanks for checking it out.

-Bob
RasterNoise.com
A good game but I hope you find a way to separate the scores by difficulty (timer setting). I appreciate you giving us choices in this regard but a shared scoreboard makes no sense.

My iTunes Reviews
08-19-2009, 12:10 PM
yeh ill give the free one a try