★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Space Invader IG: Exceptional Music Levels

08-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Space Invader IG: Exceptional Music Levels

Okay I searched and found nothing and have wanted to see a thread like this so blamo here it is.

List some of the best music levels you've found so far. Ones that are as good or better than the main level tree of the game.

Edit: Listed tracks- (will try and update as new songs added)

Naked Intruder-We've lost engine No. 2
Iron Maiden- Invaders
Prodigy- Invaders must die (generated level has not been tryed)
Underworld- Born Slippy
Motorhead-Ace of Spades
Strokes- Whatever happened (Rocketman has deemed this impossible)
Requiem for a dream theme song
Godspeed You! Black Emperor- Storm
Social Distortion- Story of My Life
Sonic Youth- Dirty Boots
Pixies- Debaser
Tom Jones- What's New Pussycat
Bloc Party - Eating Glass
Kavinsky - Wayfarer (perfect 80's sound that fits the game nicely)
LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends
M83 - Don't Save us From the Flames (Good variety)
Philip Glass - Einstein on the Beach Knee 1 and Train 1 (tripped out)
Sparks - #1 song in heaven
Dropkick Murphey's- Fighting 69th
Daft Punk- Aerodynamic- (Personal favorite as the level is intense)

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew

Last edited by le'deuche123; 08-11-2009 at 03:50 PM.
08-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Can't go wrong with Dropkick Murphys. Fighting 69th and Rocky Road to Dublin were nice.

08-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidman View Post
Can't go wrong with Dropkick Murphys. Fighting 69th and Rocky Road to Dublin were nice.
Ahhh..the murphey's. I'll have to give "the gangs all here" a go as well

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew
08-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Love this feature. My favorite music levels so far have been:

M83 - Don't Save us From the Flames (Good variety)

Last edited by stutz; 08-06-2009 at 01:43 PM.
08-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stutz View Post
Love this feature. My favorite music levels so far have been:

M83 - Don't Save us From the Flowers (Good variety)
Nice!! I give those a shot. Thanks. I should mention that I played to beethoven's Ave Maria, and that was pretty much just the game throwing everything at you. Not my favorite but hits all the shooter itchs and really adds a haunting feel to it.

But seriously I've played quite a bit with my library on a variety of songs. And so far nothing touchs Aerodynamic.

08-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Social Distortion- Story of My Life
Sonic Youth- Dirty Boots
Pixies- Debaser
Tom Jones- What's New Pussycat

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-06-2009, 02:37 PM
I tried playing Storm by Godspeed You! Black Emperor just for kicks. It is a 22 minute epic song.
The first thing that comes at you is a corridor down the middle and three or four of those things that block the whole screen (circle with the lines that go across) on one of the sides. With significantly underpowered weapons I have yet to get past that point without loosing a life. I haven't finished the whole song, but I plan on trying with more than three lives when I have more time to spare.
08-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
I tried playing Storm by Godspeed You! Black Emperor just for kicks. It is a 22 minute epic song.
The first thing that comes at you is a corridor down the middle and three or four of those things that block the whole screen (circle with the lines that go across) on one of the sides. With significantly underpowered weapons I have yet to get past that point without loosing a life. I haven't finished the whole song, but I plan on trying with more than three lives when I have more time to spare.
You have a good taste in music
08-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Clint Mansell

I que'd up the 'requiem for a dream' main score. The level is as intense as the song.
08-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boynamedluke View Post
I que'd up the 'requiem for a dream' main score. The level is as intense as the song.
Wow, that's the first song I'm gonna try, thanks for reminding me about that. I watched the tsunami footage on youtube on mute and it was pretty intense. My girl and I watched the one with requiems song and was white knuckle gripping the fricking chair. The song made that much difference.