Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-10-2013, 01:01 PM

Default [FREE] Rotation Station - 144 levels + Multiplayer, Chievos, Leaderboards

Hey guys, just released my first game. Been working on it for over a year, and came up with it in 2007!

It's a free smartphone game, with a unique rotating game mechanic, which you use in conjunction with 16 powerups to carve your way to the end. It starts of easy but becomes insanely difficult. It has 8 worlds, 144 levels, 63 achievements, leaderboards, local multiplayer. I really went all out on this.

Screens:

Last edited by Alexrose; 12-10-2013 at 01:32 PM..
Old 12-10-2013, 01:57 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Hi, I've downloaded and tried your game. It's a good idea, and it could be a great game, but I think there are two things preventing that.
1. you need to improve the graphics, it does not look good enough for people to want it.
2. There are a bit too many rules, and field types right at the beginning. Closed the game after about spending 5 minutes in tutorial mode. You need to present things in smaller chunks. Let's just have one Gnamble and the ability to rotate. Then let the user play a few levels before introducing any new concepts. You're the developer, and you've played the game every day for the last year. Of course you're familiar with everything and feel there has to be more. But first time users are flooded with information they can't process so fast.

The potential is there, so start working on an update, if you haven't already

Regards,
Balázs
Old 12-10-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FouriOS View Post
Hi, I've downloaded and tried your game. It's a good idea, and it could be a great game, but I think there are two things preventing that.
1. you need to improve the graphics, it does not look good enough for people to want it.
2. There are a bit too many rules, and field types right at the beginning. Closed the game after about spending 5 minutes in tutorial mode. You need to present things in smaller chunks. Let's just have one Gnamble and the ability to rotate. Then let the user play a few levels before introducing any new concepts. You're the developer, and you've played the game every day for the last year. Of course you're familiar with everything and feel there has to be more. But first time users are flooded with information they can't process so fast.

The potential is there, so start working on an update, if you haven't already

Regards,
Balázs
Hey there, thanks for the feedback.

With regards to point 1, that's not ever likely to change. I'm just one guy, and I'm not an artist. I don't expect the game to make enough money to reimburse my licenses, let alone pay to hire an artist to redesign my art. Plus, I've stared at it so long now, I can't even tell what looks good or bad.

With point 2.. I have thought about spreading the tutorial over the rest of the game, but it's difficult to do this, because only 18 levels fit on any screen, and there are 18 levels in each world. To randomly add tutorial levels to these would be unfeasible. These things need to be taught too.

Obviously, the player doesn't need to know about a lot of the powerups and obstacles until later on, but.. I mean.. short of kicking them out of the tutorial world and into the main worlds, and then taking them back into the tutorial world when they try the other levels, like.. I can't see a good way of doing this.

If the game got a reasonable amount of interest I'd definitely be up for coming up for a solution like this, but I'm skeptical.