★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Doom Classic

08-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Doom Classic

Man it seems like its never going to come. This will probably get people mad, but I think id software LIED to us! They keep saying that its nearing release but that was like a MONTH ago!
08-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Nope it's not coming. They saw your post and realized you had em' red handed.

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew

08-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastlyNinja View Post
Man it seems like its never going to come. This will probably get people mad, but I think id software LIED to us! They keep saying that its nearing release but that was like a MONTH ago!
Those lying BASTARDS! Carmack was just on here a little while back asking about controls for DC. It'll be out when it's ready.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Yeah the fact that John (supposedly) posted, asking about feedback from wolf's controls, shows that they're aiming to put out a flawless doom game. Just hang in there bud it's coming.

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew
08-06-2009, 02:49 PM
08-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Obviously. id are taking a move most developers don't- adding that essential layer of polish.

Twitter: BadKarma__
Games waiting for: A game that doesn't suck.
08-06-2009, 02:52 PM
That Was Posted In Like April/Mayish, Long Past Due.
08-06-2009, 03:05 PM
I think the point, was to show the care and effort going into it. Not to mention about a month ago John (again supposedly) posted to get feedback on preferred controls.

08-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastlyNinja View Post
Anyone with a dev licence can compile and install the unofficial doom: http://code.google.com/p/iphonedoom/
The controls are terrible, but it's playable.. ;-)

<< Check out our AppStore game titles: Tyrian, Super Methane Brothers, Cryptix, Powermanga, Rise Of The Triad >>
08-09-2009, 10:47 PM
In all honesty though, I still can't fathom that the "controls" are the holdup. The controls work just fine in Wolf3d and in doom they would be the same because you still can't jump or look up & down, so they would be the same.

Something else is holding it up, but we really have no choice but to wait. I'm going to get it anyway, and my waning interest in it will quickly go right back up when I see that it is released, I hope.