Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-12-2013, 02:02 AM

Default Ninja Hero Cats

Old 12-12-2013, 02:31 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

This game seriously deserves more love, it's honestly a contender for GotW for me. It's completely free with an IAP to remove the one banner ad, all currencies can easily be earned in game and it doesn't push you to share on FaceBook etc.

Aesthetically, it has a lot in common with Bastion. It's not quite on a par with Bastion's supreme beauty but it's still meant as a massive compliment. Gameplay-wise it shares similarities with Quadropus Rampage and other roguelikes I that you explore a procedurally generated environment, fighting waves of endless enemies trying to get through as many floors as possible before you die permanently.
You control a squad of five cats and lead them as one, it handles like a dual stick shooter...just with only one stick. Your cats automatically target enemies, switching between long range and melee depending on how close you get whilst you dodge projectiles and avoid area of effect attacks. It gets pretty frantic but you never lose sight of what you're doing, you'll only get hit as a result of a mistake.

Enemy variety is nice and you get regular bosses that are satisfying substantial without over-staying their welcome. You earn currency that you can use to upgrade your power ups between floors which comes at a very fair rate - the balance was definitely set before the move to freemium and just gives the game the sense that the devs loved it.

I wholly recommend this, even if you only play it as a free game. I genuinely hope some other people check the game out!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:38 PM

I downloaded it today, but havnt tried it out yet. I like most of HandyGames's games and from the looks of it, I'm probably going to like this one also. I'll try to leave my imps on it after I dig into it a little.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:47 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I lasted about 2 minutes. While the gameplay looks like it could have potential, I was not pleased with the large ad banner that would not go away nor the log in to iTunes store that kept popping up. Also wants to keep track of you using Google Analytics. Sorry, deleted.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:54 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Not usually my cup of tea but cos you asked nicely I'll give it a go.😀
Old 01-20-2014, 02:03 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Never knew about this! The game description had me at "procedurally generated world". That will almost ALWAYS get me to try a game.