★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Move the stones. Watch the minimalist Zen garden reshape itself. Solve the puzzles.

"Unquestionably, one of the best puzzle app games of 2013." - Tom Cutrofello, gottasolveit.blogspot.com

In Zen Garden Puzzle there is no pressure: just play at your own pace and relax. No matter what you do, you will never be more than three moves away from the puzzle's only solution. But can you find those moves?

Your goal is to position one stone in every delimited area. That might not be as easy as it looks, because every time you move one stone, another one moves in the opposite direction.

Between puzzles, pause to meditate over words of wisdom and classic haiku poems.

As you become more experienced, you will advance through the Dan ranks and solve harder puzzles.

Stimulates logic, memory and concentration.
Endless: the solution of a puzzle is the starting point of a new one.
Procedurally generated music, different every time.
Automatically syncs progress across devices. No need for registration.
No ads, no in-app purchases.

User reviews:
"Deceptively subtle yet ingeniously deep. One that stands apart from the crowded App Store."
"Helps me relax while taxing my logical circuits. A contradiction? No, it has found the sweet spot."
"Simple rules with a simple goal, yet the puzzles can be fiendishly tricky. I'm loving this, and I bet you will too."
12-12-2013, 02:23 AM

I'm the developer of Zen Garden Puzzle. You can read more about it on my blog: http://nontrivialgames.blogspot.com

If you'd like to give it a try, I have a few promo codes to give away:

Have fun and relax!

12-12-2013, 03:19 AM

Thank! This looks minimalist and interesting, love the style!
12-12-2013, 04:22 AM
Thanks! Claimed N96EHFRP3LHK
12-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Used YX6PXW3WYKYK. Thanks! I love games like this.
12-12-2013, 07:33 AM
I'll give this a try in a bit. Took NPM4LMKJ49JK, thanks.
12-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Wow! This game is a gem! Perfect to pick up and play for a work break or something. Relaxing and thought provoking at the same time.

It's a little bit like sudoku, with the rows and columns, but with a great puzzle mechanic in place as well.

Super fun! Thanks for the promo code, but it's easily worth the asking price if you like puzzle games ..

12-12-2013, 08:17 AM
It does have plenty going for it. Small file size, similar to sudoku, good theme. It's worth the price to check out.
12-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Yes, I agree that it resembles Sudokus, but I prefer this game to sudokus actually.

In Sudokus you must fill ALL the squares of a table with numbers, in this one you only need to put a stone for each column and row, much more elegant IMO. So Sudokus tend to drag on and on until you fit everything into place, in this game after some thought everything falls into place really quickly. Very satisfying!
12-12-2013, 01:09 PM
For anyone who may not know...

Nicola Salmoria is also the original developer of MAME, the world's most famous arcade game emulator.

If you've enjoyed MAME over the years you might want to say thanks and buy this game. I will for sure.