★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mongapop
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 6.8 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ./\ __
.| \_____/ / HELLO
./ |
/ ^. ^ |
\0 _ 0 |
_\ _ __| | |
\/ \ <__| _/ /
.| __|_/ _/
.| <__|__/

FIRE TYPE is a work-in-progress experiment. Our target is to create the purest match-3 gaming experience possible.

Your feedback is essential, so, please, share your thoughts with us by simple reviewing the app.

Every comment, suggestion, opinion, feeling is important.

[Features for version 1.2]

@1@ Game Menu is out of the way, accessible from inside the game. Tap the Icon and play, even if you only have 30 seconds.

@2@ There's no Game Over "punishment". If you fail to move before timer runs out, you just lose some points (high score is always kept)

_ii_ Deceptively Simple
_ii_ Minimalist Relaxing Puzzle Game
_ii_ Cute and friendly graphics
_ii_ Lots of different levels
_ii_ Fun and challenging game play

Contact Information:
O)) www.mongapop.com
O)) support@mongapop.com
O)) www.youtube.com/user/OmBAUdsman

ombaudsman's comments:

Forever Free.
It's like an experiment trying to achieve the purest match-3 gameplay experience.
We're trying to take all elements we can observe from that type of game and do a "Reductio ad absurdum" to see what happens.

The only payment we expect is: rate it and review it. No need to "help the developer" with a 5 star. Just try to tell us:
- Why you like it/hate it?
- What do you miss on it?
- What makes you play it?
- What made you delete it?

and etc...

12-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Someone just did over ~700,000 points and over 50 cascade sequence points...
Gee, that was quick.
12-14-2013, 06:47 PM
great. TONS of players, MILLIONS of high scores and NO REVIEWS!
12-18-2013, 06:39 PM
Thousands of players, over 8 Million High Score mark and not a single reply here! C'mon, it's small and free. Download it, test it, delete it and blame me here!
12-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Seems like it goes on forever. If i minimize the app and force close it or restart my phone, will my progress be saved?

Edit: it's saved

Last edited by Echoen; 12-18-2013 at 07:40 PM.
12-18-2013, 08:54 PM
You've certainly managed to distill the "essence" of match-3 but this makes game play somewhat repetitious. I found it enjoyable for a few minutes at a time but not much longer.

It would be much more interesting if there were a few bonus tiles/objects. A few locked tiles that could be cleared by making matches upon them may also help. Of course, such features may dilute the match-3 "purity" you're after.

All in all, good show. Thanks for the game.