America's Next Top Model Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arhb, Aug 6, 2009.

1. arhb

arhb Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    NYC
    I just finished beta testing CBS America’s Next Top Model app, developed by PressOK Entertainment. I was remotely familiar with the show, but I really didn’t know exactly how this game was going to play. It presents a little like New York Nights: Success in the City, in that you navigate your model avatar around the model house and interact with the other contestants, playing through the different days and hopefully surviving subsequent eliminations.
    There are a couple of features that stand out for me, the first is that you can customize the look of your model. Sure there are only a few options, but it’s still neat to see your creation walking around mouthing off to the other contestants etc. The second is that there is quite a bit of strategy involved as each day you have to earn a certain number of goal points (gold stars). This is accomplished by expending energy points. Different activities either add or subtract energy points and can reward you with stars. Most important though is your success in the mini games that you can choose to take part in during the day. There are three which come up randomly. The first is a Tap Tap Revenge genre game called Photo Session. You hit three buttons in time to downward moving circles to strike poses and win point. The second is called Catwalk, where you have to use a circular slider at the bottom of the screen to keep your forward walking model in a spotlight which is moving horizontally and growing and shrinking. At several times during the walk you can hit photo buttons that allow you to gain extra points. The third is called Fashionista, and this involves you looking at a picture of a model for a limited amount of time, and then dressing a different model in the same style through choices of Hats, Hair, Sunglasses and Outfit.
    Smart choices and management of energy/stars adds a nice level of complexity, and definitely makes you put a bit of thought into how you will act in the house.
    All of the sounds and music is great, and the animation and menus are simple and easy to navigate.
    In the end it’s a surprising little game with quite a lot going for it. I’m not much of a fan of the show, but I was still pleased to win through the first several days and take out the first cycle. There are 6 cycles that you can play through in total with more available for download later. If you love the show, you should definitely check this out when it is released.
    Check out some screen shots:

Attached Files:

2. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Did you get permission to post this?
    I'm also beta testing it, I have to say it's pretty fun. Not my favorite, but I'm sure girls would like it a lot more than me.

3. arhb

arhb Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    NYC
    Don't Panic

Don't worry everyone, I cleared it with the devs before I posted. Like I said I was pleasantly surprised by this game, and just wanted to tell fellow TAers about it.

4. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Why, I'da think this is the PERFECT game for you Fleabag! :rolleyes:

5. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    I'm beta testing this game too. Really fun even though I'm a guy. :D

6. tobinlent

tobinlent New Member

Aug 6, 2009
    guys like models!

7. holliberry

holliberry Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    ANTM is one of my most guilty pleasures. I am obsessed with that show for no real reason, LOL. I would think they would want more realistic graphics since modeling is all visual. But it seems like a pretty cool idea for a "girly" game. I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point, I think it would be a lot of fun. :eek:

8. Fistfulofdlrz

Fistfulofdlrz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    How many girls play iPhone games. Anybody have some stats?

9. holliberry

holliberry Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I'm a girl!

Probably a bad thing to announce that on the internets, lol... but I've been here a while, I'm not too worried. :p

10. TR3S

TR3S Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Student
    Florida
    yep

I beta tested for this too and also i am a guy. After playing it i got to say it is a quality game that brings alot to the table, even though Tyra banks is not in it. I thought it was cool how you could start fights between the girls.:)

11. xenocid

xenocid New Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Development Czar @ PressOK
    Seattle, WA
    Suggestions/bug reports are welcome

Hey guys and gals, big thanks for the kind words about our game. My name is Alex and I'm one of the developers of this game, so if you have any suggestions, ideas or bug reports - you're welcome to state them here or write me at alexk<@>reaxion.com. We are currently pretty much at the end of the development cycle, so I can't promise any big changes, but we are definitely going to release updates, so your idea may get into one of the updates.

And I should add that few people here mentioned lack of Tyra & lack of realism in models - this is unfortunately true, but we can't use likeness or names of actual hosts of the show due to licensing restrictions. I know it's a bummer.
    However we have several models in the game representing actual ANTM winners like Adrianne Curry and we are going to have exclusive videos with actual contestants in a first update.

12. zlibd

zlibd Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New York
    4 possible modeling power ups

[​IMG]

13. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Nice to see some devs delving into the girl gamer population. I am all for more games designed to target girls. So much seems based towards the male and children demographic that girls kind of get drowned out some times. I mean look at Sally's Spa and the spin offs. Go girl power! :D

Also there is just something sexy about a girl gamer, in my mind at least..

14. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    There was a thread on that subject awhile back, I can't seem to find it. There are a few of us on this site, but not many :rolleyes: