Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-12-2013, 07:57 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Sushi Snake - (by Benjamin Davis) [Universal]

Old 12-13-2013, 12:46 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Looks interesting.. But shame about the lack of screenshots.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry View Post
Looks interesting.. But shame about the lack of screenshots.
Agreed
I'd toftt at $1, but not for $3
Old 12-13-2013, 07:49 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Same here. I love retro style games and dont always mind a higher price (specially for indie devs) but just two screenshots (one a larger version than the other), no gameplay video either just makes me think no no no.

The usual 10 screenshots plus a gameplay video is the way to go, specially for a more expensive app.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:35 PM

Hello! It's Benjamin Davis here, the developer of Sushi Snake.

Your comments about screenshots and a lack of video really highlight my inexperience with game marketing in general and, specifically, submitting to iTunes. It looks as though I need to submit an update to the game in order to add more screenshots, but I'll get on it!

In the meantime, I've uploaded lots of screenshots [url=http://imgur.com/a/s4egw]here[/url] for you to take a look at.

I'm also going to leave some review codes. All I ask is that, if you take a code, please leave an (honest) opinion. Cheers!

TMAWE94YTA3H
9P3HR739EKX6
TA3T96LF9ETL
9KLW7JFNPK34
XPNT4REAPE6T
Old 12-15-2013, 06:40 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Hi, I've taken the bottom code, it's late here now but I'll return tomorrow with opinions, thanks for the code.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:44 PM

Oh, also, check out the [url=http://sushisnake.com/]website[/url]. It should give you some (small) idea about how the game works!
Old 12-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Redeemed 9KLW7JFNPK34, will post impressions later
Old 12-15-2013, 10:22 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

So I'm really enjoying this game. You control your snake by swiping (took a bit to figure that out, controls aren't clear at first). The goal is to collect all the pellets in each maze-like level. Like with the regular Snake game, you can't pass through your own body. Pellets of different colors change you to that color and let you pass through other colored blocks (so blue can pass through red and green, but not blue). This mechanic turns Sushi Snake from simple "Snake" game to a colorful and challenging puzzle game as one must figure out the correct path to succeed

I also like the minimalist menu design and gameplay presentation. There are four groups of levels and if each has 12 levels like the first one does, then the game has 68 levels. I think that's a nice amount of content and I'm already get stumped in the first section. The other sections up the complexity of the puzzles by adding multiple snakes; I've only played two of those levels, but it seems that the same colored snakes move simultaneously and you can eat other snakes to take their color. So yeah, that definitely makes the puzzles more intricate and challenging

I don't know if the dev plans to support the game with more levels or new features (I could see a level editor working well here) but from what I've played, Sushi Snake is a fun puzzle game with a good chunk of content and I'd recommend it

Last edited by Bronxsta; 12-15-2013 at 10:24 PM..
Old 12-15-2013, 11:48 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

What a gorgeous game.
The screenshots do no justice, the game is polished as can be.
I particularly love the abstract, minimalistic design.
The gameplay is quite unique.
In Sushi snake you can eat blocks of an alternating color in order to pass through them, and you must eat all the dots to complete the level, when you eat a colored dot, the snake turns into the corresponding color,
You cannot eat blocks of your own color, as that would be canabalism,
Which can make it a little hard to get used to at first..
As my natural instincts seem to always assume that I CAN eat the blocks of my snakes color, So you have to think outside the box, and let your natural instincts be retrained, and enjoy the unique gameplay experience "sushi snake" offers.
Wonderful little puzzler, I'm surprised such a quality game slipped under the radar, to a certain extent. It is well worthy of more attention, it's a shame it didn't get featured.