★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Penguin Bowling (FREE)

08-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Penguin Bowling (FREE)

Penguin Bowling (a.k.a. Penguin's Bowling)
$0.99
[App Store Link]

The penguin sir needs your help to defeat his competitor(big dog, sea bird, little robot) and show them what the true meaning of "strike" really is! It's quirky, hilarious bowling fun just in time for the holiday season!

Penguin's Bowling have three game mode, you can challenges computer competitor, or play with your friends, or play it yourself and challenge high scores. You also can customize your photo and bowling ball style, about fifteen type ball you can select, but you need firstly unlocked it through challenge target scores in single player mode.

Penguin's Bowling offers amazing new visuals and audio effects. The latter includes about 15 type bonus and dirty that can help you defeat you competitor more quickly! Easy to learn and fun to play, Penguin's Bowling will please fans and newcomers alike.

-------------------

Oddly this isn't showing up on AppShopper yet. Even stranger, the App Store description makes no mention of the fact that this a port of the PC version, nor does his description on his own website for the PC version mention the iPhone version.

Anyway, it's a cool concept, and the PC version is fun, but the iPhone version leaves something to be desired. Curiously, there are options to set the graphic detail in the options menu, which I found odd. Not that it makes a lot of difference; my review left on the Canadian App Store pretty much sums it up:

Quote:
The PC version was quite enjoyable, but this port to the iPhone using Unity looks like it was a rush job. The aspect ratio has been squashed to fit the iPhone's 4:3 ratio and it shows, the textures on some things (the oscillating arrow, the power meter, status bars, etc.) are incredibly low quality; and there are some serious problems with intermittent pauses when played on the iPhone 3GS at highest quality mode. Since it does not say that this was tested on OS 3.0, I have to assume this was written with the older version of Unity that has the OS 3 problems. Also, there is no single-player or practise mode here, only Player vs. CPU or a play 'n pass 2-player mode. It's a fun game on the PC and a fun concept overall, but this iPhone version really needs work.
Anyone else try it on a standard 3G or 2G Touch with OS 2 or 3 and have the same problems?

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
09-29-2009, 11:09 PM
now 99c

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com

10-20-2009, 04:19 PM
update is out
What's new
- change the perspectiveof camera;
- decrease the length of bowling track for see more clearly bowling pin;
- fix some little bugs.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-21-2009, 05:13 PM
on sale for 99 cents again

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
12-11-2009, 03:17 AM
$1.99 -> Free
12-11-2009, 03:44 AM
It's free.
12-11-2009, 03:56 AM
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
Im not surprised. i tried this game and it was terrible..

DEFY THE COSMOS!