★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: KamiCrazy Side Scrolling Platform Puzzler

12-12-2008, 03:57 AM
Administrator [Original Poster]
KamiCrazy Side Scrolling Platform Puzzler

App Link

Lite Version (8 levels)

The fearsome KamiCrazy soldiers have crash landed in the jungle on return from battle! They need to get back to their ship to continue their hell-bent war efforts but the treacherous terrain and dangerous locals aren't going to make that task easy. It's your task to guide the KamiCrazy soldiers and you'll need to flick, push, nudge and swing them to safety using the touch screen while avoiding the numerous hazards and traps. Use the objects left in the jungle by the locals to help you on your way such as springs, ropes and fans. Try to save them all, but don't worry too much... sometimes you'll have to make some sacrifices!

KamiCrazy is a combination of a traditional platforming game with classic puzzle elements, and combines smooth animation and stylised graphics with great fast-paced-game-play. With forty rich, colourful and puzzling levels and two distinct themes KamiCrazy is a must have game for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
Sounds like Lemmings?

Here's a preview/teaser video. And let me just say I hate non-gameplay teaser videos:

Youtube link | Pop Up

gameplay video

Youtube link | Pop Up

simulated gameplay video

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by salsamd; 01-14-2009 at 03:46 PM. Reason: added gameplay videos/links
12-12-2008, 04:02 AM
Send a message via AIM to terrett101
Interesting sounding game, strange for them to have gone from concept art to a submitted game in 5 days, but I suppose we won't know until we see it. I agree with you though, not only is it frustrating to see no in game video, but also slightly worrying. Why wouldn't a developer post screenshots or video of the actual game on their site if it is finished and submitted?

12-12-2008, 06:58 AM

We're working on it, sorry for the lack of material, we've been a bit slow on the promotion front as we've been polishing the game for submission.

The game is now live and can be found on iTunes here:
KamiCrazy iTunes

There's also a Lite version awaiting approval so keep an eye out for that.

Screenshots can also be found on the facebook page

We hope you enjoy the game and let us know your feedback

12-12-2008, 07:25 AM
Looks promising.
I want to see an in-game video

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
12-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Just got the game. Guess everybody around here knows Lemmings ... this game is like it but kinda different.

The little soldiers have to get from A to B but instead of giving them little "jobs" like digging you can manipulate the surroundings moving object with your finger or to get soldiers to flip switches.

You interact with the soldiers by flicking them making them jump or turn around.

I am 10 levels into the game and so far it's quick fun - each level about 10 to 20 seconds. Well there's supposed to be about 40 levels so I guess it's enough for a qucik round on the porcelaine throne.
12-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Come on Devs. your teaser video looks like it took much more effort than filming a minute or two of gameplay...

Battle Born Music
gamecenter name = battlebornmusic.com
12-12-2008, 01:07 PM
The game has a lemmings feel to it.

You start a level with a group of solders (lets just say 5) they fall through a starting gate one at a time. You goal is to get them to the exit shack using gesture controls to switch directions, jump, move objects, etc. The exit shack is lower than the starting number so you can lose a few solders without worry.

4 dollars seems like much at this point but I'll keep playing and see if things pick up
12-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Has anyone tried this yet? it looks to be inspired by lemmings, but the gameplay seems a little different. Someone made a thread about it last night and said they liked it.

I think I might go ahead and get it

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
12-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Looks great. The visuals really bring back memories of Day of the Tentacle/ Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
12-13-2008, 04:03 PM
fun little game. nice graphics. the kamidude fall out of a hole just like in lemmings.

instead of assigning tasks, you flick the kami to make him jump, swipe to change directions etc.

this puzzle game mixes it up a bit by having bouncy platform, and fans to blow the kamis as they fly through the air to negotiate farther jumps.

This game reminds me of old amiga games Troddlers and Bill's tomato game, with Lemmings obviously thrown in as well.

It's a really really good game. I'd definitely recommend checking it out, especially if you like these types of puzzlers.