Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-14-2013, 05:00 AM

Default Tower of Ascension - (by GRAVITY Co.,Ltd)[Universal]

Old 12-14-2013, 05:00 AM

OMG finally out! Gonna grind

Initial impression is that it is very like Eternity Warriors 3 and I guess EW3 is better in graphic as well as smoothness.

Last edited by kenken11; 12-14-2013 at 06:24 AM..
Old 12-14-2013, 05:04 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Holy crap
Old 12-14-2013, 05:15 AM
Banned

Cool.. Been waiting for this.. will download it when my iPad Air arrives on Monday.

Last edited by HansKaosu; 12-14-2013 at 05:18 AM..
Old 12-15-2013, 12:10 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 12-15-2013, 12:58 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
YouTube: video
I was hoping to see you use combos in the video. It's pretty laggy for me in the Philippines and combo attacks execute in an untimely fashion. And because of the lag, I can use classic lag exploits to avoid damage even if the attacks are supposed to root you in place.

Skill resets are free until level 20
Old 12-15-2013, 11:20 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Is there a reason why Toucharcade ignores gravity mobile? They never touched up on Ragnarok Valkyrie Online or even mention Tower of Ascension
Old 12-16-2013, 03:53 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Been playing this and I must warn you of the lag if you play in Asia (no idea for US or EU). It's rather evident unlike in Guild Wars 2 for example. Thankfully, the action happens at a steady pace to try and cover the latency.

Free to play. Individual energy timer per character (it'll last you a long while but regenerates equally long). You start off with 1 character slot and it costs 5 gems to add another, up to 4 in total. Gems are fairly priced but are used in a lot of typical things like increasing inventory (though you can sell from anywhere), buying potions, skill reset past lv20, and more. I know you can get free gems from logging in daily, server events, and reaching certain levels. I don't know if there are other ways to get more at the moment. Gems and gold are account bound. Is it pay-to-win? More like pay for convenience. Gold is abundant and the auction system thrives on that alone. I don't believe there is gold conversion either.

3 classes in the game with set genders: male warrior, female hunter, and a female wizard. The warrior can wield a huge greatsword or sword and board. The hunter uses either dual pistols for multiple targets or rifles for strong single target DPS. Wizards are glass cannons that use soul benders dealing ice and lightning damage (pretend you're Aang the Avatar) or a staff for fire and darkness.

You can swap weapons even in combat and each set has its own flashy and stylish skills. There are dozens of skills per weapon set offering different styles of play and each kills goes up to level 10 so you'll have to think of your setup wisely.

Gameplay is pretty linear and the early battles are pretty much your typical hack and slash affair. What will grab you is the insane almost Diablo-like level of loot farming. Items roll random bonus stats and number of affixes. Plus mobs drop cards that also vary in rarity that add even more stats to socket into your equips. It's addictive to say the least--that is if you can bear the latency, if any in your region.

Can I recommend it? Yes, get it if you are okay with the pricing model but be wary of possible high latency. Not the best translation but I never really pay attention anyway. I love the lootfest. I love how the armor and equipment look. The timer has been kind up to level 18 so far and I had a good experience with Gravity back in the original Ragnarok Online.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:53 PM

I'm in Australia so the lag would prolly be the same as Asia but if not I'll let it be known here what's it like.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:38 AM

Great game but needs a virtual joystick to replace the whole touch-to-move controls.