Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 12-15-2013, 05:31 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Default Where is Fallout and Oblivion type of games?

If we can have big open world GTA games why cant we get the other type of games like Fallout and Oblivion? Lack of desire from the developers or hardware still isnt there? I am not saying Skyrim or anything like that but the previous installments of those series of games should be doable no?
Old 12-15-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
If we can have big open world GTA games why cant we get the other type of games like Fallout and Oblivion? Lack of desire from the developers or hardware still isnt there? I am not saying Skyrim or anything like that but the previous installments of those series of games should be doable no?
Well Ravensword is gonna be the closest thing to Oblivion or Skyrim. Then The Shadow Sun is also releasing before the end of the year.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:53 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
Well Ravensword is gonna be the closest thing to Oblivion or Skyrim. Then The Shadow Sun is also releasing before the end of the year.
I know and love Ravensword but I actually mean Fallout and Oblivion, wish those would be ported over for us.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:11 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
I know and love Ravensword but I actually mean Fallout and Oblivion, wish those would be ported over for us.
I don't think we will see any of the newer entries, but we can hope that they would bring the first two FallOuts (or even Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel) and the earlier Elderscroll games to iOS devices, if they were so inclined. Morrowind could probably run on iPad and I would love to have Daggerfall or Arena on the to!
Old 12-16-2013, 02:00 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Well, actually, here are the Fallout 3 minimum requirements:
Windows XP/Vista
1GB System RAM (XP)/ 2GB System RAM (Vista)
2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6800 or better/ATI X850 or better)

And here are the iPad retina specs:
A7 chip with 64-bit architecture = 1.3GHz dual-core processor
PowerVR G6430 GPU that supports OpenGL ES version 3.0
1Gb of DDR3 RAM memory
2048-by-1536 resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi)

When you also take into account that the A7 processor can handle up to 4GB of RAM, and that the latest XCOM has already been ported to the iPad, I say it's only a matter of time and them believing they can make a reasonable profit.

I personally see the iPad or something similar to the iPad + controller becoming the new console. Just add a powerful wi-fi card and software to support 4/6 multiplayer and we all set
Old 12-16-2013, 08:23 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Well I guess its more of a profit or not type of thing for the devs of games like Fallout series and Elder Scrolls.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:59 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Hmmm... Daggerfall. Memories of adventure and nausea flooding in.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:05 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I really thought you guys were talking about Fallout 1 and 2.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:26 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

We are Exact-Psience. I would pay handsomely to play Fallout on my tablet and be able to just try out all the speech and quest variations. I was simply pointing out that the latest iPad actually could support even Fallout 3. So it is not a matter of performance, but a matter of the devs/companies wanting to port the game

Fallout is an instabuy for me if it ever comes to iPad. Just curious, can it be played if you have a jailbroken device? I.E. emulator?
Old 12-16-2013, 10:53 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Bethesda, rights holders of Fallout and Elder Scrolls, does not have a presence on App Store.

Bethesda shares a parent company, ZeniMax Media, with ID Software since 2009. ID Software has several iOS releases includING Doom Classic and Doom ResuRrection. ID Software iOS titles originated around 2009 and no NEW titles have been released since ZeniMax acquisition suggesting to me that ZeniMax isn't likely to target iOS, even though there's an obvious demand. However, Doom Classic has been updated twice - most recently in November 2013 so someone in that company tree has put work into iOS games.