★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Domino Dice

08-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Domino Dice

Not the developer, But saw the original concept.
anyone TOFTT?
linky

dont know how to copypaste the description so took a photo. will edit with description if someone tells me how.Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	12
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	6113
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	12
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	6114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 3.png
Views:	5
Size:	249.2 KB
ID:	6115   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 4.png
Views:	5
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	6116  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 5.png
Views:	3
Size:	283.1 KB
ID:	6117   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 6.png
Views:	47
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	6118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
Something along the lines of "You have bought 10 hats! A new hat is available for purchase in the store". But no hat.

Edit: I realize I am overly concerned about this hat.

Last edited by mebeswordguy; 08-06-2009 at 10:29 PM.
08-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebeswordguy View Post
Not the developer, But saw the original concept.
anyone TOFTT?
linky

dont know how to copypaste the description so took a photo. will edit with description if someone tells me how.
wtf, is there pics

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com

08-06-2009, 10:26 PM
yes, will try my hand at those...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
Something along the lines of "You have bought 10 hats! A new hat is available for purchase in the store". But no hat.

Edit: I realize I am overly concerned about this hat.
08-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Ooh, pretty detail in the last pics.
08-06-2009, 10:34 PM
From the same dev who made Str8ts and 1-25.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
08-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
From the same dev who made Str8ts and 1-25.
Insta-buy for me, if they did Str8ts, which is brilliant.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
08-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Insta-buy for me, if they did Str8ts, which is brilliant.
tell us yoour impressions, please

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-07-2009, 01:45 AM
I might be able to help clarify this game. Inventors perspective.

I registered the website www.dominodice.com. I tried everything possible to invent a viable game around the website name. Nothing worked. Actually I wish I would have registered the website www.watchpaintdry.com instead. I realized quickly that the dice where the culprit, not the dominoes. The delivery of the dice into the game never worked. If you rolled the dice into play it was very dull. The luck factor was the enemy. Placing two freshly rolled dice next to each other was terribly boring. Many other attempts using other methods were even worse.
My next idea was to deliver the dice logically into the game. A game within a game. Str8ts ( 6 x 6 ) worked instantly. Why? Best not to ask when things work out so well. Now I was able to deliver the dice in a fun way, how do you now make two dice turn into a Domino. The how was easy enough, the real question was the when? Again only one choice. Instantly! Meaning once a die is rotated and it has a neighbour that forms a unique domino they are joined. I don't want to give away too much information but obviously creating as many of these unique dominoes as you can improves your score.

Jeff
08-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated Puzzles View Post
I registered the website www.dominodice.com. I tried everything possible to invent a viable game around the website name. Nothing worked. Actually I wish I would have registered the website www.watchpaintdry.com instead. I realized quickly that the dice where the culprit, not the dominoes. The delivery of the dice into the game never worked. If you rolled the dice into play it was very dull. The luck factor was the enemy. Placing two freshly rolled dice next to each other was terribly boring. Many other attempts using other methods were even worse.
My next idea was to deliver the dice logically into the game. A game within a game. Str8ts ( 6 x 6 ) worked instantly. Why? Best not to ask when things work out so well. Now I was able to deliver the dice in a fun way, how do you now make two dice turn into a Domino. The how was easy enough, the real question was the when? Again only one choice. Instantly! Meaning once a die is rotated and it has a neighbour that forms a unique domino they are joined. I don't want to give away too much information but obviously creating as many of these unique dominoes as you can improves your score.

Jeff
Congrats on another release, Jeff!

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
08-07-2009, 02:07 AM
It's nice but... So many questions!!!

First, how does the scoring work? Am I penalised each time I rotate a die? So I have to work out how a die is constructed on a level and remember that?

Second, why don't dominoes always form even if they would have made a unique domino?

Third, why for example on level q2 does it say onscreen while I'm playing that the best score is 7, average is 93 (leading me to believe that lower is better) yet when I complete the puzzle my score appears low on the high score table, below such scores as 300?

Help!!!

Jamie